Dealer 'attitude' to customers ... grrrr (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
"How to make friends and influence people" by Minxy. I know for a fact Sir Alan Sugar has a well thumbed copy on his bedside table.
Taken out of context it appears to be OTT, however at the time it certainly was NOT and it was mentioned in a phone conversation when he rang me later to try to sort out the issue I'd had with one of the staff ... I'd never had a problem with this member of staff previously (he worked at a couple of other dealers and I'd always got on well with him at those and in fact bought a previous camper via him) but when we went to collect our new camper things did not go smoothly at all ... and that's putting it mildly! I don't hold grudges and still get on with him, in fact we had a nice chat when I took my camper in on Tuesday, so no ill-feelings on his part either, it was just a 'very bad day' all round when we collected our camper. I won't elaborate on here about exactly what happened then - as far as I'm concerned, that is in the past ... its just a shame that we still get issues with the company.

At least with us intending to keep this camper for a long while (famous last words ... yes, I know!) once it's sorted and out of warranty I won't need to go there for stuff.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
When we bought our first moho I was casually reading through the manufacturers warranty and vehicle graphics were expressly excluded from the bodywork warranty.

Have you checked your's Minxy?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
And don't forget EU law. Anything sold has to have a lifetime commensurate with the product. A ball point pen maybe a month but TVs Cars etc should give good service for years. They can't just say "Sorry it's 12 months and a day, sod off".

You ought to post this on the thread for the guy with the German bought Hymer on a Transit base with engine trouble!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You ought to post this on the thread for the guy with the German bought Hymer on a Transit base with engine trouble!

His is seriously complicated compared to Minxy's.

Also it's one thing having the law on your side, it's another making it work. Once lawyers get involved in cases like this there is only one winner. I was once involved, as a witness thank goodness, in a £15,000 contract that turned nasty, both parties really got the hump and I think the final legal bill exceeded £250,000 after every legal expert in the north had their cut.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
When we bought our first moho I was casually reading through the manufacturers warranty and vehicle graphics were expressly excluded from the bodywork warranty.

Have you checked your's Minxy?
We noticed the large graphics on our van were peeling and bubbling where they had lifted and water had entered. The dealer ordered and received the new graphics but I decided to have the old ones removed and left off. Much better I Think(y) Pics at a very cool Losehill and Stratford with FUN - very wet:(
decals.jpg

decals gone.jpg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
His is seriously complicated compared to Minxy's.

Also it's one thing having the law on your side, it's another making it work. Once lawyers get involved in cases like this there is only one winner. I was once involved, as a witness thank goodness, in a £15,000 contract that turned nasty, both parties really got the hump and I think the final legal bill exceeded £250,000 after every legal expert in the north had their cut.

I understand that but at least he has something to work with and hopefully a reputable company like HYMER!

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Minxy Girl
Re the soft close door
A little dry lube sprayed into the tow door locating slots at the front pillar of the frame improve the closing a lot

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We noticed the large graphics on our van were peeling and bubbling where they had lifted and water had entered. The dealer ordered and received the new graphics but I decided to have the old ones removed and left off. Much better I Think(y) Pics at a very cool Losehill and Stratford with FUN - very wet:(
View attachment 130506
View attachment 130507
Agree ref the graphics ... we had an Autocruise Accent and had problems with the graphics 'delaminating' - the protective cover was coming away from the backing. We had them replaced at Swift (a stone's throw from us) but they still weren't totally right but we px'd the van anyway so it didn't matter!

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Mel what sort of MH is it you have

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I've got a Globecar FamilyScout L ... it's great! (y)

Good to hear that you are still pleased with the vehicle even though the Dealer is being a pain. Sending positive vibes that you get a good result in the end (y).

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Yikes those Autocruise things do get damp ... did that all come out overnight?:eek: :ROFLMAO:
@Vanman fortunately @Brisey Brian parked us up on a raised piece of land but many others were not so fortunate with their mats floating and water up to the top of their steps inside their awnings:sick: all of the vans parked around us moved to higher ground.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back