Deadlocks - Yes or No (1 Viewer)

Alesupper

Free Member
Dec 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Hi All

I am the proud owner of a Adria Twin 600 which is a Fiat Ducato van based conversion and I am considering getting deadlocks fitted to beef up security. Apart from the negative visual impact that they have are there any other downsides that I need to consider? I realise that it will be quite laborious sometimes walking round your van locking each individual door (4 in my case) but I am more than happy to do that to keep the van and our possessions safe.

One other possible concern I have is rust. I wonder if the area around the deadlocks might be prone to rusting after a few years maybe? Any knowledgeable feedback would be appreciate please.

Secondly, can anyone recommend a reputable deadlock fitter in the northwest of England area (Cumbria, Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Scotland)?

Cheers, Alesupper

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
We had these locks fitted and are very glad to have done this (added peace of mind).

It's a bit out of your way but if you could get to Ed-Lock, Kegworth, Derbyshire, you'd get good work and good service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Dreadlocks - yes or no
I have only just opened this thread, I had dismissed it as had assumed it was about managing lockdown without hair-cuts !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back