LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have lost entire crop of courgettes /cucumbers/butternut squashes to the squirrels this year . They only eat the seeds and kindly leave us the outer skins :cry::cry:. Gardens here awash with them
Cindy has many bird feeders in the garden which the local population of squirrels also take full advantage of, her crop of courgettes has remained untouched. I guess the bird feeders are less hassle, they’d have to work more for the courgette seeds?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We have lost entire crop of courgettes /cucumbers/butternut squashes to the squirrels this year . They only eat the seeds and kindly leave us the outer skins :cry::cry:. Gardens here awash with them
Had you lived a little nearer Birmingham,I would have been tempted to enquire, 'So, yow core get courgettes, then?' :unsure: :LOL:. Not sure I can explain it, myself; but perhaps someone from Stourbridge will be along shortly to explain. Ah, here's the very man ...;)

Steve from Stourbridge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Tree Rats, They can give Red Squirrels the Pox and overrun Red sq. territory
Exactly why I hate them !!!

PS to the 'pings' on carvavan/moho roofs - on a campsite in deepest Dordogne they had a semi-tame red squirrel which the Dutch kids had called Eddie - we were sat under a tree one day with a cup of coffee, when he leapt from said tree and landed on the metal frame of Pete's chair, onto his shoulder and helped himself to a drink by which time, a few boys had come over to us, asking us if we liked him etc (perfect English as per normal!) Yes of course we like all red squirrels said we - but he belongs in the trees, not on someone's arm. Ah said the lad, took him off Pete and chucked him at the tree trunk which he scampered up, and along a branch where he sat - and just like a cat, licked his paws and proceeded to wash his face. As I was squinting up at him I went Ow! - little bugger had shat on my arm! A hard, spherical pellet. Since then I can honestly confirm the take-off of the 'Topic' advert was 100% true! S. shit really does appear to have a hazelnut in every bite ! So, those pings on the roof ......

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
i believe that this time of the year the young ones move out looking for new territory hence the large number of road kills plus a good breeding year for them so lots of young uns about🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back