De-scale Alde water heater? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys

Does anyone ever de-scale their Alde water heater?

There’s no mention of doing in the handbook

Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was getting small pieces of scale at the taps so descaled ours using white vinegar. very successful

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Never done it Robert, if I see Alde at the NEC I will try to ask them and post a reply.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I don't think there's much need. The boiler heats a circulating liquid which should not scale, which then heats the DHW. The DHW may not get hot enough to scale because it's not in direct contact with the main source of heat and the amount of water heated over time is small. How often do people descale their DHW tank at home? You use far more water there.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Robert, I assume you mean the clean water tank in the boiler rather than the glycol filled heating circuit. We clean our water system, including the boiler, in the spring with citric acid, which also acts as a descaler.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
As far as I’m aware the actual heating element in the boiler is not in direct contact with the water therefore very little scale on the element

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well as promised I did speak with ALDE at the show fully expecting the answer to be as above from @dpsuk999 but they said it is worth doing from time to time as the interface between Glycol and domestic water can reach 80 deg C, enough to cause scale they recommend "puriclean" tabs.

Martin

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well as promised I did speak with ALDE at the show fully expecting the answer to be as above from @dpsuk999 but they said it is worth doing from time to time as the interface between Glycol and domestic water can reach 80 deg C, enough to cause scale they recommend "puriclean" tabs.

Martin
Thanks Martin !

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Can’t get better than from the horses mouth (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back