de facto standard european gas thread (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
had a note to say that s.ireland has the same system as spain/portugal/s.france , so if you have that system you can use an irish bottle without buying any extra kit

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
The internal width of the gas locker on a bessie 560 is .........551mm :Doh:

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
so , 551 less 256 for a calor cylinder [ according to their website ] seems to leave 295 for an energas bottle , which I think is probably ok ...JUST :winky:

will take a steel tape and get an exact measure next week when I go to town if that is soon enough for you

tap the door with a hammer maybe ?

in any case find that camping gas adaptor in case you need to use that instead of the calor propane ::bigsmile:

why not try seeing how thick a piece of wood or similar you can get between your 2 calor bottle and still close the door properly , then you will know exactly what can be done !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User

in any case find that camping gas adaptor....

Oh I wish..... I found a 907 with a single burner still attached but somewhere :)Doh:) there's a lamp fitting and the adaptor...........

Tried looking in the last place first.... ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
I find one of these useful ...don't cook onions or fish or other smellies inside the motorhome

Attachments

• MOTORHOME 055.jpg
    MOTORHOME 055.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 10
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
that's served to remind me to check and weigh the 907s... another 'little' job...

I might just about be ready for a week on Monday ...unless I lose the paper with the reminders on (that's the one that reminds me I've written down and put it .... somewhere:Doh:

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , been and done an exact measure of the energas cylinder

490mm high

BUT

303 mm diameter , because the bottom 3 com of the bottle is the stand , and about 6 cm in diameter greater than the bottle itself

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
for anyone who is interested in using energas bottles from france , I notice today that my local intermache supermarket are advertising that the current price for the 10/9 Kg bottle is ....€1
with the gas at £1.35 Kg compared to calor's £3 or so a kilo could be worth a trip to france for the gas alone :Doh:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
got my bill today for the last lot of gas from calor 43.4pence a litre+vat at 5percent. lets call it 46p .so not worth going to france. the worst is they charge16.9p perday tank charge. never mind thats life. hopefully wont get anymore till next year.
cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back