DC power in habitation area whilst engine running (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I have always found watching Coronation Street in my mirror very relaxing while driving, mind you they should ban drivers from watching "I'm a celebrity get me out of here." which often makes me feel queezy when they have to eat grubs. Ugh!

Alan

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I have always found watching Coronation Street in my mirror very relaxing while driving, mind you they should ban drivers from watching "I'm a celebrity get me out of here." which often makes me feel queezy when they have to eat grubs. Ugh!

Alan

Be warned. Driving whilst watching the soaps WILL make you drowsy. Follow the Highway Code and take plenty of breaks...:giggler:

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Do you have a towball if so there may be a permanent 12v there if not I would go for the sidelight and drive with them on (ours are on all the time anyway as daytime running lights)

Sounds a good idea, did not realise that there might be a constant live supply. Will check it out. Thanks. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I don't suppose anyone here knows where said relay is mounted in a Bessacarr E560

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I know this is an old thread but just thought i would paste what i just found while using google to try to find me relay ^^
got it from a swift pdf on page 90

http://assets.swiftgroup.co.uk/swif.../2014 Tourer Owners Handbook/06-Electrics.pdf

Habitation relay
Habitation relays are fitted to caravans by manufacturers to comply with the following legislation:
1. The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 Regulation 60 - Radio interference suppression
2. Council Directive 72/245/EEC of June 20, 1972 amending for the purpose of their adaptation to technical progress, relating to the radio interference (electromagnetic compatibility) of vehicles and Council Directive 70/156/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the type-approval of motor vehicles and their trailers.
A habitation relay must be fitted by manufacturers, safe guarding the consumer. The purpose of the relay is to disable nonhomologated appliances/components whilst the vehicle is in transit. Unitentional electromagnetic energy can be created by non-homologated devices within the habitation compartment, which could cause a malfunction of the base vehicles electronic systems/components, including safety critical items such as air bags, ABS braking etc

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
self build then you know where every thing is or isnt.
remember the so called factory conversions are very often designed and built by folk that never use them .
they really have no idea what works or doesnt .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back