Dazzlin Renovations/van rescue (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Anyway the pretty bits.
After looking for replacement "Hymermobil" badges and seeing the cost I thought I'd 'have a go' at repairing - nothing to lose!

The bonnet badge was in 3 pieces and one part regularly spun on its screw and didn't look very good.

Having some pvc sheet leftover from the bathroom walls I cut the rough shape out, and after a good scour of the old signs, PU40'd them on well.

After a good sand, fill, prime, 2 coats of cream and a very careful light roller over with the delicate shade of orange, 3 coats - I'm pleased with the results.

I have had a good practice with the paint, for the big job and saved over £100 on new bitView attachment 496303

Just need the van back now..... 😎
Extremely NICE job. well done.

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Mechanical update! 😎

Found a good garage (4th time lucky) thanks funsters Grummyb .👍
Garage found even more problems...
Also found shortage of parts, mismatched/unoriginal parts and other interesting (broken) parts. 😢
Garage found, a few weeks ago, a source of parts. 😁
The donor vehicle is a motorhome the garage have worked on and unfortunately was in a bit of an argument with another vehicle - in France! 😭
After much ado the French insurance have settled and the van is now on uk soil, but now waiting for customs clearance. 🙄

Fingers crossed - family are getting nearly as fed up of squatters as we are of squatting. 😎

Then bye bye Scotland and watch out Spain - Morocco - Spain.

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I think you have made a mistake...

I lived for nearly 10 years in a 1987 Hymer 660S but the inside didn't look anything like the one in your photos!

JJ :cool:
No mistake, we are not living in 1986...😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back