Daylight Running Lights - retrofit project. (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
A Marmite issue for some Funsters, I know, BUT, I've fitted these (see pic).
They fit into the 'step up' apperture on the front bumper quite nicely.

After seeing a post from @Lynne Steele. I bought a kit from Ledcom (there are others :D).

I'm no auto-electrician, but the job was straight forward. The destructions were easy to follow as they had accompanying photos of the engine bay and wiring points etc.

Biggest bugbear was nothing to do with wiring or fitting the unit, it was removing a piece of trim under the nearside headlamp and removing the cover from the fuse box. The cover was held on with two shake-proof nuts which took an age to undo. (I thought it would be better just to have sturdy plastic clips, rather that over- engineering it?)

Quite pleased with the outcome and fitting doesn't interfere with the CanBus system.

PS. The lights go off when dipped beam headlamps are switched on. In the pic, the N/S headlamp has sun on it; it's not on!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bet you get in loads of bother from the police with that illegal number plate.

If your camera cant read it then what chance will NPR cameras have.

:LOL:

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
Glad you are pleased, we are really pleased with ours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
A Marmite issue for some Funsters, I know, BUT, I've fitted these (see pic).
They fit into the 'step up' apperture on the front bumper quite nicely.

After seeing a post from @Lynne Steele. I bought a kit from Ledcom (there are others :D).

I'm no auto-electrician, but the job was straight forward. The destructions were easy to follow as they had accompanying photos of the engine bay and wiring points etc.

Biggest bugbear was nothing to do with wiring or fitting the unit, it was removing a piece of trim under the nearside headlamp and removing the cover from the fuse box. The cover was held on with two shake-proof nuts which took an age to undo. (I thought it would be better just to have sturdy plastic clips, rather that over- engineering it?)

Quite pleased with the outcome and fitting doesn't interfere with the CanBus system.

Fitted the same to ours from the same supplier & very pleased too. :)

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Looking good maybe tempted myself ;) is it free delivery from their .co.uk site? Or did you get them from their ebay shop. Thanks

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Used the same company for mine, maybe worth putting some sikaflex around cable entry to rear of DRL to ensure no ingress of water
Personally felt possibility of water getting into rear of fitting where the cables enter(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back