Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services - a belated thank you. (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
On the 2 March we had our Hymer booked into Dave's workshop, for some routine maintenance, but as we moved off our pitch we saw a length of leaf spring, about 400mm long on the ground. :Sad:

After a telephone call to Dave, we set of for Telford, under instruction to avoid all potholes! :roflmto:and keep the speed down to 30/40mph. :Doh:

Well, it was rush hour and our rolling road block was reducing the speed some wanted to achieve, may I say thank you for your patience, that’s if you refrained from hooting, fisting or mouthing us. :Smile:

On arrival at Dave's, about a hour later, he had already obtained prices and availability of single and triple leaf units, pity, ours is a twin leaf spring, and when he looked under the van, I think he said he hadn't got a price for the one we needed. :Sad:

So now, armed with vin number, Jackie started the search for a twin leaf unit, no success, so Mr Mercedes was contacted, success, they could deliver by 12.00 the next day. We will forget the price they quoted. To avoid excessive travel with one and a half suspension units, Jackie booked us into a local campsite for the night.:Cool:

Next day we returned at about 1115, and the units had just been delivered. So we left to get some lunch, returned about 1.30 and the job was completed. All worked in with other pre-booked work.:Smile:

We paid, and I have to say Thanks again Dave and Jackie for going the extra mile, and not loading the price of the suspension units. We left with a flat wallet, but very happy with the exceptional service provided.:thumb:

I would have posted this sooner, but I have been rather involved with a health issue, but this journey is progressing well, and I look forward to being discharged fully in the near future, so, apologies for the delay.:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
No apologies needed Nev and thank you for your kind words. We always try to do our bestest to serve our customers (many of whom we are happy to consider good friends:winky:). We are both very pleased to hear that your "journey" is progressing well and wish you both a long and happy life:Smile:.

D.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Nev glad to hear you are progressing well :thumb:

Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
And another satisfied customer here. Dave helped me out when I was a desperate woman alone out there motorhoming and terrified of having no lights in the van.... Thanks Dave. You deserve to become a millionnaire.:Smile: Joy

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
And another satisfied customer here. Dave helped me out when I was a desperate woman alone out there motorhoming and terrified of having no lights in the van.... Thanks Dave. You deserve to become a millionnaire.:Smile: Joy

"This time next year Rodders...................................................":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back