Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
:thumb:
There was a recent blog on " aching ankles", after lots of suggestions Dave Newell came up with" why not fit cruise control? ". Having approached my Citroen dealer who said " no Way" I phone Dave who said "yes it can be done" so I booked it in for today, Friday 15that 09:00 hrs.
I arrived Early, rather be a hour early than I minute late, at 08:10 hrs." Two hours" it will be ready.
At 09:15hrs, he told me all done and dusted. Ho what joy, having had C C on my works delivery van I was pretty well conversant with CC but it was heaven to drive home.

I have read on this site saying that CC is not good for fuel savings. Well I found that the 2 liter works van returnered a 50 MPG. Ok, perhaps not typical, but I believe that a computer is better and more sympathetic than my right foot.

Anyway, I had a brilliant drive home. To you, Dave Newell, thank you, you are my hero. ( the mpg increased as well):thumb:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well thats nice to read as we off in June to have a gas system fitted by him. No doubt we will be posting about it then.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
and the price?

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Had to cancel having a CC fitted by Dave (our second) a few weeks ago due to the bad weather, but will be rearranging it again shortly.
Top Man.........
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
:thumb:
There was a recent blog on " aching ankles", after lots of suggestions Dave Newell came up with" why not fit cruise control? ". Having approached my Citroen dealer who said " no Way" I phone Dave who said "yes it can be done"

)

When we bought our Elddis new in 2011 it didn't have cruise control as standard.
Got in touch with Peugeot and they said "no chance".
E-mailed Dave Newell and he said "No problem".
Job was done shortly afterwards by a very friendly and helpful Mr and Mrs Newell and worked perfectly.
Top team.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Dave did our cruise control on the Wildax when we got it in October. Made our drive down to Zahora in November a dream - no aching ankles! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Excellent job - Dave and Jackie - great team! :Smile::Smile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What a refreshing change.

To read all this it just proves there are people who give service.

Mel

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
What a refreshing change.

To read all this it just proves there are people who give service.

Mel

Well we meet Mel and Chris ( Heyupluv - member on here ) in December who told me all about their fitting experience and how pleased they were. So as I said we are waiting until June ( have not booked yet with Dave ) to have the Alugas fitted to our MH. Just wish he did Maxview manual systems as would have that fitted as well by him.

We will make a 400 mile out of our way trip because of what we had heard about his service.

Word of mouth so worth so much these days.

John

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
And any of you who are wondering what to do while the work is being carried out, it's a great day out going round Blists Hill Museum as well as the othrr visitor attractions in Telford.

Wyn

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Well we meet Mel and Chris ( Heyupluv - member on here ) in December who told me all about their fitting experience and how pleased they were. So as I said we are waiting until June ( have not booked yet with Dave ) to have the Alugas fitted to our MH. Just wish he did Maxview manual systems as would have that fitted as well by him.

We will make a 400 mile out of our way trip because of what we had heard about his service.

Word of mouth so worth so much these days.

John

But we do thee Camos manual sat dish which in my humble opinion is better made.:winky:

D.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
But we do thee Camos manual sat dish which in my humble opinion is better made.:winky:

D.

Dave, I will have a chat with you over the phone late April and as they say "pick your brains" about the sat system. As of yet have not made our minds up due to the things that are changing in the BskyB world of satellites......

Thanks John

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Well thats nice to read as we off in June to have a gas system fitted by him. No doubt we will be posting about it then.

John

I had a gas system fitted by Dave a couple of years ago and it is still working as good as the day it was installed. :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i haven't had anything fitted by Dave Newell but i have bought things from him at shows always gives good advise and if a time came for me to have something fitted i would use him without hesitation which is more than i can say for some other fitting places out there in the world.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just realised it is a year as yesterday since Dave fitted our Alugas bottle and solar panel. I went out to the van this morning to check the state of the batteries and the panel is keeping them nicely topped up :thumb: Looking good for trips away soon :thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Dave gave me some advice about my cruise control last year. The advice was free and saved me quite a bit of cash. I would recommended him to anyone.

There are so many companies out there who try to get as much money out of a customer as they can, its refreshing to meet such an honest bloke as Dave.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Our fridge stopped working at the Malvern Show a couple of years ago, spoke to Dave who said to bring it to his work shop on the way home.
It was a big job, as the whole fridge had to come out because of where the vent was fixed.
Off we went to the shops ::bigsmile: good shopping centre, Dave phones us a couple of hours later, the fridge was all carboned up and had not been done properly on previous habitation checks, because of taking it out. Dave showed us the carbon that he had removed, fridge has worked perfectly ever since.
Another two happy customers.:thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Dave, I will have a chat with you over the phone late April and as they say "pick your brains" about the sat system. As of yet have not made our minds up due to the things that are changing in the BskyB world of satellites......

Thanks John

John,

Have to say we had the Camos Plus fitted by Dave, and it has never let us down. Before that we had a Maxview, but I would.nt have another.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
John,

Have to say we had the Camos Plus fitted by Dave, and it has never let us down. Before that we had a Maxview, but I would.nt have another.

I have been reading about it all day. Have you used it outside UK ie Portugal and Spain ??

Must admit looks good and weight is very light.

Thank you

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The simple reason Dave gets good comments

he knows if you have a good job done you may tell 10 people

if you have a bad job done or get ripped off you tell everyone

he wants to stay in business and keep customers happy so they return again and again so he treats people like he would like to be treated as a customer himself.

Its just a pity a few more places do not do this any more, keep up the good work Dave and you will not be short of work

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Well, we had our gas bottle fitted yesterday by Dave and met the very nice Jackie. Could not be happier, the fitting is professional and discrete and he explained in detail about how to use/fill the bottle using the connectors for everywhere and if needs be replace the system back to the Spanish one again.

Thank you Dave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back