Dave & Delilah Going Full Time (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

From a Denton lass. Happy trucking.

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
No, you'd have to join the Caravan Club and/or the Camping & Caravanning Club to access the CL/CS network. The individual CLs are supposed to take members only - tho' some are more inclined to ask for proof of membership than others.

There are 2 (as far as I know, but possibly more now) Fun CLs - one is that of our beloved leader Jim in Wales, the other by Glastonbury. Neither of which are likely to be useful for you in the Peak District - unless you fancy a holiday. :Smile:

I don't know where you've been 'hearing' over 28 days. As mentioned before, staying in one place over 28 days means you become liable to pay Council Tax. I outlined one way of keeping to the letter of this requirement (if not quite the spirit). It's not difficult to either spread yourself around 2 or more CLs at 28 days each or pop out for an odd night.
Ok so I'll join the CC club and do they provide a list of cl sites etc? where can I get this? Is this what I pay my £15 subs for on here?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dave, a lot of us prefer the Camping and caraving club but you must make your own mind up. Remember to check which ones charge you per unit which is for two adults and two children, or PER person which can work out cheaper for you ...

Don't forget you may not NEED to join any. Most sites can still accommodate you but just a few extra pounds if not a member but it may work out cheaper than paying the joining rate if you are staying other places most of the time ... I found my membership a waste of time.

HOWEVER, you can get discounts off Green Flag cover etc if you are a member. You need to sit down and look at your own way of life or plans before you decide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
If you read my post #22 further up this thread I provided links to both CC and C&CC.
Hi Maz, I know you did thank you, however my question was is there a list of CL sites, or CS sites and 1. where is it, i.e. do I get it when I join Fun (for the £15) or 2. do I get it when I join CCClub etc? or none of the above.. and I just have a root around the web?

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
Dave, a lot of us prefer the Camping and caraving club but you must make your own mind up. Remember to check which ones charge you per unit which is for two adults and two children, or PER person which can work out cheaper for you ...

Don't forget you may not NEED to join any. Most sites can still accommodate you but just a few extra pounds if not a member but it may work out cheaper than paying the joining rate if you are staying other places most of the time ... I found my membership a waste of time.

HOWEVER, you can get discounts off Green Flag cover etc if you are a member. You need to sit down and look at your own way of life or plans before you decide.

Thanks Movan, I'll weigh up my options... Still trying to locate these sites in and around the Peak District area, if there are any.

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
Hi Dave, what an inspirational story. Welcome to the forum and maybe you will be able to meet up with so many of us when you make it to the rallies ...

You have a lot of heartache in your past but will now have lots of friends to help you get through the down times..

Good on you, young man.
Thank you, it's nice to hear those words. I'll most definitely be gaining new friends in this next chapter of my life, and I'm already loving talking to you guys. :D

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz, I know you did thank you, however my question was is there a list of CL sites, or CS sites and 1. where is it, i.e. do I get it when I join Fun (for the £15) or 2. do I get it when I join CCClub etc? or none of the above.. and I just have a root around the web?

If you click on those links they take you to the search pages for each club. Enter a county (eg Derbyshire) in the CC one, a place name (eg Glossop) in the C&CC one. They will come up with an outline list or map of CLs. You will only be able to access full details of each CL when you join the relevant club. If you click on the 'membership' or 'join us now' headings on those pages, you will see how to join and how much it costs.

Fun is an online forum - nothing to do with either the CC or the C&CC.

Others have mentioned ways to search for campsites in this very thread.

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
If you click on those links they take you to the search pages for each club. Enter a county (eg Derbyshire) in the CC one, a place name (eg Glossop) in the C&CC one. They will come up with an outline list or map of CLs. You will only be able to access full details of each CL when you join the relevant club. If you click on the 'membership' or 'join us now' headings on those pages, you will see how to join and how much it costs.

Fun is an online forum - nothing to do with either the CC or the C&CC.

Others have mentioned ways to search for campsites in this very thread.
Thank you Maz, I know, I'm overwhelmed, the site is great, just working my way through the threads, and so happy I joined, maybe see you on the road sometime!

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
When you join one of the clubs you'll get given a handbook listing all their Club Sites and CLs. Once you're a member you'll also be able to register online and use their site search facilities.

I've put links to their site search pages below. You won't be able to see the detailed info for each site until you're a member but it will give you an idea of what sites are in your area.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/search-and-book/certificated-locations

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekersearch/aspx/search.aspx
Thanks Maz.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Thanks is he on fun this chap?

ill try to find his number,its a lovely little site on the edge of the Peak district national park, some cracking walks in the area,armed with a compass and an ordinance survey map

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hey Ann and Mark, where in Denton you guys at, or not if you're full timing? :D
Hi David,
I was born in Denton and lived there for 28 years (St Lawrence Road area) - have fond memories of living there and my best friend still lives there. Now live in Uttoxeter but we're on tour in Spain in our motorhome at present - 6 weeks in to the journey and another 4 to go. Good luck with your journey

OP
OP
DavidAdamson

DavidAdamson

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
1985 Bedford CF Glendale
Exp
Hi David,
I was born in Denton and lived there for 28 years (St Lawrence Road area) - have fond memories of living there and my best friend still lives there. Now live in Uttoxeter but we're on tour in Spain in our motorhome at present - 6 weeks in to the journey and another 4 to go. Good luck with your journey
Awesome, I've moved back to reddish for a spot before going full time... Good luck and safe travels.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you haven't considered it you will find life a lot easier if you have a permanent address for correspondence. I believe it is possible to do without one but I think life can get very difficult. A place of work might do but ideally a relation who will act as a post box is the usual choice.

I stayed at a Caravan Club site a couple of weeks ago and it was just £8.40 for the night using a midweek discount. They now charge per person and I was on my own, it would have been something like £14 for two. You may not want to stay on a site very often but choose the right ones and you will be able to do all your laundry and have a good soak in the showers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back