data sim for Spain & Portugal (1 Viewer)

Wanderingmac

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 22, 2013
Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1992
Hi does anyone know if Portuguese data sim from vodafone can be used in Spain as well? I have had Portuguese Vodafone sim in an unlocked mifi and it has worked very well. Can't seem to get the same package in Spain (€15 for 15Gb for 15 days with vodafone.pt)/. Any help much appreciated.

Albi1

Free Member
Mar 3, 2015
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
No it doesn't work sadly or it didn't in 2014. I used orange in Spain which was easier to find

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Even if it did work you may find it goes to "roaming" and therefore higher rates and gets used up in no time.
A bit like if you had a UK sim and used it in Calais.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
i have just got back to france from portugal and had a vodafone data sim in my mifi. turned it on last week and switched the mifi to roaming and have had internet till it ran out yesterday. so it does seem to work but i dont know how the roaming affects the data usage.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Why is it all sooo complicated.....
Its not, in Portugal there are 2 data providers that I know of and both have shops In most shopping centre's one is meo the other errr escapes me just now but I'm sure someone will let me know :) just get the sim for your mifi one is €10 unlimited data for 10 days the other is €15 unlimited for 15 days,
Hope that helps

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I bought a 4G TP-Link in Spain (Media Markt) for 109€ which was much more expensive than Amazon (£76) and they sold me a Vodaphone Sim card for €15 with 1.5 gb. This proved almost useless as the Vodaphone signals were so poor between Cartagena and Valencia, better, but not good, signal further north in Spain. Has anyone good advice regarding best sim and prices for both the UK and Western Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back