Data Sim For Mifi To Use In Germany (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Hello all, I bought a Mifi last year with a Europa sim. Unfortunately, after topping it up with a chunk of money, I found I couldn't access the Internet. Despite a lot of help from Sophie at Motorhome Wifi, I've had to accept that I was one of the unlucky ones. We're planning a four week trip, mostly in Germany in a couple of weeks. The 3 mobile data sim doesn't appear to include Germany in their 'feel at home' part of the package. Any suggestions for a mobile SIM card for Germany? It's only data I want, but a decent amount, and obviously as cheap as I can get it for the best coverage imaginable, haha! Looking forward to your suggestions

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We just got back from Germany last week. We normally use '3' but of course as you say not in Germany! I asked in a Vodaphone shop and came out with a phone sim card for €5.... it was pre loaded with 500mb of data (no minutes). Strangely enough the cost to top up another 500mb is €10 (!) so in the event of running out it would be cheaper to buy another one.

The law in Germany requires you to give a German address that you are staying in but I explained this to the shop assistant that we were in a camper van and she said no problems, and used the shop address!

Easy (y)

I can not remember the name of the phone operator as I have thrown the sim card away but it was one of the virtual networks that the Vodaphone shops deal with. Just ask in the shop (y)

The only thing is, this was a sim card for a mobile phone. I'm not sure it would be so cheap for a MiFi. Do you have a phone? (by the way tethering is allowed, we used it all the time for blog updates on the laptop).

:D

OP
OP
JACQ
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Thank you for reply. I have an iPhone and use it to tether when in UK, so in theory that would be an option, if I can find something affordable. I did an Internet search and saw something about Lidl and aldi sims, but as is often the case, the info became quite technical and went way above my head! I was hoping to find a sim before going, but if not I'll definitely do as you did and pop into a local shop once we get there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Trust me! simply walk into a Vodaphone shop when you get there and you will out with a smile in 15 minutes (y)

(of course, you must have an unlocked phone!)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hello all, I bought a Mifi last year with a Europa sim. Unfortunately, after topping it up with a chunk of money, I found I couldn't access the Internet. Despite a lot of help from Sophie at Motorhome Wifi, I've had to accept that I was one of the unlucky ones. We're planning a four week trip, mostly in Germany in a couple of weeks. The 3 mobile data sim doesn't appear to include Germany in their 'feel at home' part of the package. Any suggestions for a mobile SIM card for Germany? It's only data I want, but a decent amount, and obviously as cheap as I can get it for the best coverage imaginable, haha! Looking forward to your suggestions

Have a look at: www.dataroam.co.uk :cool:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
How is that cheaper than my suggestion? it works out at £30 for 500 mb :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries