LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Superdrug is one of the few with unlimited data Ā£20/month and you can turn the monthly renewal off & on via your account.
Only downside is its on 3.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I think at the moment the Superdrug sim seems popular
Lenny HB beat me to itšŸ™‚

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Superdrug is one of the few with unlimited data Ā£20/month and you can turn the monthly renewal off & on via your account.
Only downside is its on 3.
When you say the downside is its on 3 whats the the problem there please ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
When you say the downside is its on 3 whats the the problem there please ?
Often doesn't automatically find a network & you have to do it manually and when it does find one, often slow as they throttle the speed when roaming. Their partner networks tend to be the slowest so even when it has logged onto a nework you often have to change it to get an acceptable speed. A pain in the bum every time you move, we rarely stay in one place for more than a day or two but worth in for unlimited data. We used 110GB on our last 6Ā½ week trip.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Often doesn't automatically find a network & you have to do it manually and when it does find one, often slow as they throttle the speed when roaming. Their partner networks tend to be the slowest so even when it has logged onto a nework you often have to change it to get an acceptable speed. A pain in the bum every time you move, we rarely stay in one place for more than a day or two but worth in for unlimited data. We used 110GB on our last 6Ā½ week trip.
I used in the past the 3 24gb pre paid and work very well (now too expensive). Can you please tell me how you reconnect to different satellite if using the sim in a MiFi?

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Thanks Lenny it has put me off a bit. I will keep looking as i am due to change tomorrow ( My contact is up then) Thanks for your help (y)

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Almost all UK networks now limit the use abroad. As mentioned the superdrug one doesn't (but that's likely to change shortly IMHO) . Smarty gives 12gb abroad and you can buy extra at Ā£1 per GB which is reasonable if you don't need much extra. Smarty runs on the 3 network so comments as above but I had no problems in France or Spain recently although I was in city areas so maybe better signals. A local SIM is probably the way to go for heavy use.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I used in the past the 3 24gb pre paid and work very well (now too expensive). Can you please tell me how you reconnect to different satellite if using the sim in a MiFi?
You mean network, it depends on the phone/mifi you need to go into the sim settings turn off autoselect carrier then search for a carrier and choose one that is different to the one the phone/mifi had logged ont,o you may have to try several.
Almost all UK networks now limit the use abroad. As mentioned the superdrug one doesn't (but that's likely to change shortly IMHO) . Smarty gives 12gb abroad and you can buy extra at Ā£1 per GB which is reasonable if you don't need much extra. Smarty runs on the 3 network so comments as above but I had no problems in France or Spain recently although I was in city areas so maybe better signals. A local SIM is probably the way to go for heavy use.
Generally OK if you are not streaming but often don't get much more than 10mb/s.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Plusnet has worked well for us for the past few years, they use EE network. They've just had an offer on of 32GB for Ā£10 a month. Supposed to be limited to 15GB when abroad but they didn't say anything when mine went up to 16GB.

At the minute I'm on Ā£10 for 22GB
Ann gets 6GB for Ā£6/month, both 30 day contracts.

PS I think the latest 22GB offer is Ā£9/month.. I'll have to give them a ring šŸ˜Ž

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Plusnet has worked well for us for the past few years, they use EE network. They've just had an offer on of 32GB for Ā£10 a month. Supposed to be limited to 15GB when abroad but they didn't say anything when mine went up to 16GB.

At the minute I'm on Ā£10 for 22GB
Ann gets 6GB for Ā£6/month, both 30 day contracts.

PS I think the latest 22GB offer is Ā£9/month.. I'll have to give them a ring šŸ˜Ž
Thanks i have gone for the 22 @Ā£9 per month. Offer ends at midnight

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back