Dashboard mount for satnav (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I have a Garmin satnav, this came with a windscreen mount that works well but has one big drawback. It must be removed each night to enable the concertina blinds to be closed. I been toying with the idea of a dash mount, any suggestions on which one to get or avoid?

Favourite at the moment is does anyone have experience using it?

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, the bean bag holder is very good. It's got a decent weight and does not move around in use. It's so easy to move from MH to car and back again etc. We throw it under the drivers seat when not being used.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
One of these work well, as long as you keep it dust free. Run it under a tap and dry occasionally.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
In my ducato (old 2.8 style) I have the dashboard clip, I bought one of the sat mounts the clip in a cd drive, but instead I use a bit of non slip matting and clip the holder into the clip, no slip or drop off yet.

mikeman

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Started in VW Kombi in 1971
I have a thick piece of perspex secured to the top of the dashboard with 4 lumps of blue tack. Still use the windscreen bracket. Have had this for 3.5 years and has worked well for me. Also it is very inexpensive.

OP
OP
SomeoneElse
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for all the replies, after your comments I'll try the perplex under the clip first. If I get a sheet big enough I may be able to mount a dash cam on it as well. I intend to buy one of those shortly. BTW the CD slot gizmo is out as we use the CD player will traveling.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I can also recommend the 'doughnut' from Maplins. Paid £9.99 for it. I swap it around three different vehicles, the Moho, my car and the missus' car.

The pop-up map clip in my current Motorhome doesn't! (Pop-up that is). They have fixed it in favour of the passenger air bag.

I just plonk the doughnut on the dash and the Sat-Nav unit fits to the doughnut's 'middle' via the sucker.

If you get one, just buy the Maplin branded one. The garmin one in Maplins' shop is over twice the price for the same thing!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have Tom Tom on iPhone and fastened to windscreen in A class it would overheat at the most inopportune moment, I now have it more in the shade on a mount I made that fits into a a coin and trinkets holder in the dashboard on 2005 Iveco.

Martin

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
For some time I have been a big fan of Brodit mounts. Have used them on the last 5 cars I have had, and now the motorhome. You don't say what base vehicle you have but if it is the 2007 or later Fiat then you can get three different clips for fitting in different places. I have the one that fits over the centre air vent. Just choose the vehicle you have on their website, but make sure get the correct drive side.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for all the replies, after your comments I'll try the perplex under the clip first. If I get a sheet big enough I may be able to mount a dash cam on it as well. I intend to buy one of those shortly. BTW the CD slot gizmo is out as we use the CD player will traveling.
You can still use the CD player with this in!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back