Dash warning Light for Injection System (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I have had the amber warning light for the Injection System come up on the dash today(2007 Ducato 130BHP). We were coming back from an Aire in Chateau Larcher when it appeared.
The van still ran amazingly well and didn't seem to loose power or increase fuel consumption.
Could this problem be expensive and any idea what causes such problems. Van has done 34000kms

I have the van booked into my M/H dealer next week for a couple of faults that they are going to repair under warranty so I will let them deal with it. (have 12 month warranty on chassis and habitation)

Thanks in advance.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If memory serves me right the injector symbol is just a general engine malfunction light,
It may be an injector or fuel fault it could also be a multitude of other things
If its gone out and running OK it may have been a gremlin for a second or two
either way it needs a scan when you get back, if it stays on and feels odd try getting a scan localy to avoid any troubles on the way home. you are the best judge of that really, if it feels ok it proberbly is:thumb:
Geo

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
had the same muself two weeks ago

No different in driving etc and it cleared the next day

It came on after id stalled it on the way up the Verdon Gorges :Blush: but after a good long drive and a night to settle down it hasn't been back since

Apparently something to do with a dirty sensor after a stall...according to a good googling session!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I have had this 3 times on previous vans (not my current van)

The first was a caused by a faulty butterfly valve and was very soon followed by serious loss of power. This was also on the verdun gorges! A local garage said they did not have the part but it was safe to drive, so I drove it home very slowly.

The second was a mystery, apparently cured by a software update.

The third was something to do with the accelerator control. There were no other symptoms but it took 2 days to fix!

It needs checking, but if there are no other symptoms then I would say its likely to be OK to drive home first.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
With these warning lights, the workls motors display them like xmas trees sometimes, often after someone stalled it, dropped a gear or whatever, sometimes for no good reason at all. We sometimes clear them by flicking the battery master switch, but you dont have that option on a MH, a good rule of thumb, as long as the motor is running OK,...is if the light is amber, make a note and get it looked at when convenient. If it is red, dont drive it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You could ivest £25 inc postage

You could invest £25 inc postage and buy an OBDII code reader.. plugs in under the dash read the fault codes.. reset the warning lights and then check the codes either against a Haynes Manual or one of the very good sites on the webb that tells you what the code means and even how to fix the issue.. lots of common codes are related to making sure the fuel cap has clicked shut on cars.. but the same codes are there for all light vans.

You can get OBDII from ebay or Amazon.. I got mine from Amazon after borrowing one from Alex of Calders.. useful bit of gear.. lots of RV owners have them now.. allows a bit of peace of mind to know what turned the warning lamp on and how to resolve.

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Fault is now fixed.

Fiat Limoges came up trumps didn't have to wait just booked me straight in and just an hour and 20 minutes and £100 later drove off with the problem solved.

The fault was a split air hose EGR valve and a blown fuse.::bigsmile:

Could have been worse there was a Pilote there at the same time and he was billowing out loads of black smoke and no power...looked serious, hope it went ok for the guy.

Thanks for your input.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back