dash Cams.. a possible new order (1 Viewer)

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
My camera has just arrived, thank you for your efforts. Will try it out on Wednesday when I get back

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Certainly not until spring next year I am afraid.. sorry mate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I have a problem with my Jaws supplied dash-cam in that the gps will find my general location but zig-zags randomly around across fields and the sea, not following close to a track. I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and had come up with a solution.

I am not expecting it to snap to a road like a navigation device, but I think it should follow a reasonable track.

Any help or suggestions would be valued.

Jim

paddyd887

Free Member
Oct 15, 2011
great barford
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
Has anyone managed to use this device with Apple Macbook Pro as I am unable to read the information on the memory card as the format is non comparable - any advise would would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Has anyone managed to use this device with Apple Macbook Pro as I am unable to read the information on the memory card as the format is non comparable - any advise would would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I couldn't make it work. I got fed up with trying and dumped the software onto the Windows machine I have hidden in the corner at work. It works perfectly on that.

If you want to keep fighting with it then a tip is that the format of the video files is OK it's the interface with the camera software that OS X can't do. The SD card from the dash cam is formatted to suit the camera not the media files. That's why you can't make your Mac read it.

I believe there is a way to do it. I just couldn't be bothered. (y)

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I guess therefore that paddyd887 has not seen the video files and therefore does not know whether the gps works, NicNick, did your GPS work OK when you viewed the files on your windows machine?

Jim

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have a problem with my Jaws supplied dash-cam in that the gps will find my general location but zig-zags randomly around across fields and the sea, not following close to a track. I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and had come up with a solution.

I am not expecting it to snap to a road like a navigation device, but I think it should follow a reasonable track.

Any help or suggestions would be valued.

Jim
Do you have the GPS aerial mounted so it can see the sky through the windscreen?

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Yes mounted right at the front of the dash near enough right against the screen

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I too have mine in a good position to get gps reception and am having no problems with my phone or pnd. I have tried the gps unit both ways around, ie the "sticky" side towards the window and towards the inside of the vehicle.

Do others mount it in any specific location?

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back