Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I have bought a dash cam some time ago and used it for the first time last week,Not sure how to play back what I have recorded my computer is a mac book so no where to put the micro SD card in. Any suggestions please.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
If you have a usb port ( dont know anything about mac) you can get a sd card adapter that can take any card .

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It may have a USB C port only but there are SD card adapters which will fit this sort of port. It’s not the normal USB slot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You should have an sd card slot on your Macbook otherwise you will need an sd card reader. Get an sd card adapter, plug the micro sd card in that, plug the lot in the Macbook and it should work.
Depending on the dashcam, it might have its own software to play the files, otherwise you will need some sort of media player.
If you don’t have one already installed, you could use something like VLC Media player. It’s a free download and plays most files.

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have a dongle for my Mac which gives me sdcard slot, 2 usb Ports, hdmi, vga and Ethernet. I lug this into my usbc port. Maybe invest in something similar.

OP
OP
rich g

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Can i buy an adapter so that i can play it through the TV ?

Smashie

Free Member
Jul 29, 2018
Tonbridge, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You can get dongles that plug into the TV via hdmi that have usb and sdcard sockets, so you can play it back directly on tv. I have one sat behind mine,
Some TVs have usb sockets that can play video. Get a usb to sd converter and you can play back that way (assuming supported file format as TVs do t support a huge range)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Yes, as @Smashie wrote or you can get HDMI cables to link many dashcams to monitors and TVs but you'll need an adapter for your Mac if you want to download and save evidence etc. for future use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back