Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes mate.. I will start a new thread with all the details etc etc

I do know they are in the UK ( about 30 miles from me in Cambridge ! ) so will soon be here with any luck :)

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
I'll take one if there is any left

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
It turned up today and I fitted a 32g sd card and naturally I've been playing with it.
Good bit of kit but I now have to go out in the MH next week!
Thanks again Jim

Sandy

Sutton35

Free Member
Jun 28, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010
One of my suppliers has these in stock but has a minimum order of 10 units ..

I am awaiting a price from them but if the price is right would anyone else be interested in getting one ?

happy to pass them on at cost price.
if you have any left I will have one

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Hi, I bought one of these (the one in the original post,

OEM Neutral New R300 2.7" 140° Dual Lens Dash Board Camera Car HD DVR Black Box Video Recorder + GPS Logger

I bought before the multiple purchase thread kicked off, or would have had one cheaper!

Seems to work OK, but the instructions are a bit short, especially with regard to the GPS function. Cam someone help with this?

1. I assume the GPS sensor is the little black box with a sticky panel attached which plugs into the camera (not the charging lead)? And I assume best place for it is stuck to the windscreen?
2. There doesn't seem to be any way to access the GPS information (map) from the camera itself? Am I missing something?
3. Given the above to be correct, I further assume the camera records the GPS info when the sensor is plugged in, and it's available on playback. There is a function on the playback software which enables the map to be viewed, the test runs I first did however I didn't have the sensor plugged in, when I select map in the playback I just get somewhere in China.
4. I've not yet tried the unit with sensor plugged in on the road, but I figured it should work when the camera is static anyway, so took some footage in the kitchen with the sensor plugged in and on the window ledge. Transferred the footage to the playback software and selected the map function, but still China!

I'll try the GPS sensor on the move when I can, but that will be when we leave for a long trip on Saturday, and I won't have a PC with me to transfer the video to, so won't be able to test it. (ipad is great piece of kit, but no means to transfer stuff from card to it)

Any advice/ideas?

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi, I bought one of these (the one in the original post,

OEM Neutral New R300 2.7" 140° Dual Lens Dash Board Camera Car HD DVR Black Box Video Recorder + GPS Logger

I bought before the multiple purchase thread kicked off, or would have had one cheaper!

Seems to work OK, but the instructions are a bit short, especially with regard to the GPS function. Cam someone help with this?

1. I assume the GPS sensor is the little black box with a sticky panel attached which plugs into the camera (not the charging lead)? And I assume best place for it is stuck to the windscreen?

Yes this is the GPS - ours is hidden (including wires) in the plastic ledge above the windscreen permanetly.

2. There doesn't seem to be any way to access the GPS information (map) from the camera itself? Am I missing something?

No. Sometimes I put my tomtom in view so it is filmed at the same time.

3. Given the above to be correct, I further assume the camera records the GPS info when the sensor is plugged in, and it's available on playback. There is a function on the playback software which enables the map to be viewed, the test runs I first did however I didn't have the sensor plugged in, when I select map in the playback I just get somewhere in China.

In setting (on your computer) you can change the 'china' setting somewhere - it does take a few moments. You can then see your exact position, time, date on your computer. You can film this to a DVD if you needed to.

4. I've not yet tried the unit with sensor plugged in on the road, but I figured it should work when the camera is static anyway, so took some footage in the kitchen with the sensor plugged in and on the window ledge. Transferred the footage to the playback software and selected the map function, but still China!

Check settings onthe playback software.

I'll try the GPS sensor on the move when I can, but that will be when we leave for a long trip on Saturday, and I won't have a PC with me to transfer the video to, so won't be able to test it. (ipad is great piece of kit, but no means to transfer stuff from card to it)

As the card records over itself when full unless you 'save' what you have filmed you may lose it. I always copied it all to my laptop to be edited later. You can however automatically 'save' certain sections (last 10 mins I think) on the camera yourself if there is something you want to keep.

Any advice/ideas?

Apart from filming our trips I have found it very useful to leave it switched on (filming both ways) when parking at Motorway stops - and at Tescos. On two occasions people stopped and looked into our van but were unaware they were being filmed. I am sure they were just having a look around but you never know and this might prove useful if you were later robbed.....or even gassed! lol

Important: Make sure your mini card reader is Class 10

Someone mentioned their Dashcam froze - try the reset pin hole first then start up and wait 10 - 15 mins for it to reset itself then switch it on and off, if this does not work and you bought it from Amazon they will replace it immediately - well within 7 days.

Hope the above helps. Enjoy your trip.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Thanks for the heads-up Mr M, bought one of these on your advice, it is a pukka piece of kit.
Tested it in the car for several weeks and took it on our recent trip to Europe in Harriet, works a treat.
Hooked up with a 32Gb class 10 Sandisk micro SD card.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back