Dartmouth Park and Ride (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We are staying at Widdecombe Farm site near Torquay next week.
There’s a P&R at Dartmouth but wondered whether anyone knows whether they allow MHs to park there for the day ?
Any other for visiting and parking an 8.1 meter MH would be gratefully received.
We are hiring a car for two days which will be easier to park!!!
The site usually has a shuttle bus to three towns but because of Covid it’s not running now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We have parked there in the past ok.
Think this is also one of the recently approved car parks by the district council, where you can stay overnight for £10👍

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We have parked there in the past ok.
Think this is also one of the recently approved car parks by the district council, where you can stay overnight for £10👍
Thanks.
We want to park for the day and bus into Dartmouth.
it looks as though Dartmouth Boat Tours are telling us to just turn up - so no booking.
Does anyone have experienced this?

Any other places of interest in this area where we can drive and park 8.1 meter MH - ideas really appreciated please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Long Marsh car park, Totnes. Right beside the Dart and SHDC recently decided to allow overnighting for £10. Totnes is quaint and quirky. The aromas around there can be intriguing and you can also have your chakras realigned.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We parked our van in Dartmouth Park & Ride a year or two back - we chose the overflow car park because it was just an unmarked grass field as I recall, so plenty of space.

And there was a thread the other day indicating South Hams Distric Council are going to allow vans to overnight there... for a fee.

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you. Can someone guide me to the thread about South Hams council and parking please?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007

Where can I park my motor home?​

Generally, vehicles over five metres are not permitted in Council-owned car parks. However, as a concession, motor homes which are larger than the size of a standard bay may park in the following car parks.

• Totnes - Longmarsh car park
  • Kingsbridge - Cattlemarket car park
  • Ivybridge - Leonards Road car park
  • Dartmouth - Park & Ride car park
  • Modbury - Poundwell Meadow overflow car park
There are no barriers to restrict height in any of these car parks.

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
Anyone used any of these carpark s yet?
I quite often head over to Kingsbridge & had a perusal this morning & just cars, bays haven’t been altered so assume you go over two & do you then have to pay double (ie £10 x 2 bays)

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We went to Dartmouth park and ride with our 8.1 metre motorhome two weeks ago. We had to park in with the cars and used two parking spaces so had to pay for two spaces £10. I’m sure the field behind the car park had been used by Motorhomes previously.

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
Thanks for that The Cruisers, don’t live that far (relative to you) from Dartmouth but never been that taken with it (each to their own eh?), but used to live in Kingsbridge & am a kayaker (if the tides right it’s perfect for it) & cyclist (again apart from the hill up to Dartmouth, as I’m old now) it’s perfect also.
Gonna give it a go then, compliments on you’re profile pic mh, looks a beauty, happy camping

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We went to Dartmouth park and ride with our 8.1 metre motorhome two weeks ago. We had to park in with the cars and used two parking spaces so had to pay for two spaces £10. I’m sure the field behind the car park had been used by Motorhomes previously.
Yes, when we parked at Dartmouth P&R - some years ago - we went to the overflow car park to get more space (and only needed to pay for one place, because of course the grass was unmarked ie no bays). If I recall, it was our choice, because there were a few places available in the main parking, but reckoned it was much less cramped in the overflow area. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back