Dartford Tunnel (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It does make it quite clear as you sit in the van waiting for the barrier gate to up! (spoon feeding??) :rolleyes:

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
I had a bit of trouble changing the card details on our account, entering new card details does not cancel the old card!
Received an email stating "credit card failure" as account had dropped below £10. I called the helpline and they were very helpful, amended details by deleting old card. I did suggest the site needs changing to accommodate this as card do expire periodically!
The guy also suggested topping it up manual, which I did, and all is well again
Chris

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
All these tolls are job creation ideas. They cost more to administer than they bring in, same as the radar speed gestapo. You should start clogging up the courts for the retrieval of £2.50's. Take them to Strasbourg about unfair penalty fines of £70 for a paltry £2.50 toll.
It is nonsense that they are trying to reduce pollution When they obviously don't want you to use the crossing, consequently burning diesel to avoid the bloody thing.

The sooner you English guys petition your MP's the better. The tolls in Scotland were done away with years ago. Forth bridge, Tay bridge and the Skye bridge. ;);)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
All these tolls are job creation ideas. They cost more to administer than they bring in, same as the radar speed gestapo. You should start clogging up the courts for the retrieval of £2.50's. Take them to Strasbourg about unfair penalty fines of £70 for a paltry £2.50 toll.
It is nonsense that they are trying to reduce pollution When they obviously don't want you to use the crossing, consequently burning diesel to avoid the bloody thing.

The sooner you English guys petition your MP's the better. The tolls in Scotland were done away with years ago. Forth bridge, Tay bridge and the Skye bridge. ;);)
Howard on earth would an ordinary man in the street manage and afford to take our government on in Strasbourg about a legal toll charge.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
government on in Strasbourg

I actually haven't been there but plenty have, how they done it I haven't a clue but usually they win.

I am not happy with that as I do believe the highest court in the land should be here, presided over by unbiased UK nationals, and so that does not mean our corrupt judiciary. :rolleyes:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Right, Legal, BALLS, the first I knew about the arrangements to pay the charge was up the ass of an Articulated lorry and one behind.Some crap about paying on the internet by the following night.
I had no flaming internet with me and I was on a schedule for a channel tunnel crossing. Was I supposed to park up on the carriageway and take a note of an internet web address ?

I just don't believe these CLOWNS are getting away with it. What kind of muppets do you keep in public service down there !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It does make it quite clear as you sit in the van waiting for the barrier gate to up! (spoon feeding??) :rolleyes:

What barrier ? southbound there should be nothing at all by now.
Northbound I thought they had gone & were only still being used until new tunnel safety system was in place.
Considering that the new payment arrangements & work started last November , I couldn't see anything that could be construed as " advance notification " on the approaches to pay in October ?

Howard on earth would an ordinary man in the street manage and afford to take our government on in Strasbourg about a legal toll charge.

This is because whilst the payment may be legal the excessive fine isn't . Additionally the use of what is called " price escalation discount " whereby the "fine " is halved for payment within a certain time but " 50% added " if not paid within that period are illegal under EU consumer protection rules.

All you need to do is make the initial complaint to the relevant Uk authority stating your reasons.
Once they have refused , as they will, then escalate it using the EU & then they'll do all the work.

Actually I've managed to dig up parking cases where the precedent has already been set in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...al-private-parking-fines-may-be-refunded.html

You use the EU's dispute system. There are various avenues that you can use, starting by asking the question. Normally they will offer the option of replying & supplying information directly to you or you can tick the " act on my behalf " option were they do it all & keep you informed.
http://ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu-law/complaints_en.htm

There are various bodies & normally I have all the links but unfortunately they're on my dead computer & I still haven't got around to having them all extracted.:(

I have edited to take out the words" cross.border " ,which is what I use, but they aren't applicable in this case.

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I got an email today from the Dart charge mob, it stated that I had ZERO credit and had used it three times with the van, records showed no data, I phoned the site and eventually got throught to a very bored girl who went through their records to find that I HAD NOT PUT IN MY CARD DETAILS????? How could I fill out the form without doing that? I paid the outstanding £7.50 for three trips over and then rest the card details for the standing order, but she did it for me this tiime and it is correct according to the confirmation emails.. I did find out that my car and MH are both charged as cars at £2.50 but this might change to £1.67 now that the details are correct.. I thought that when I spoke to someone there that the details were OK when I checked the van class but no it seems not.
Hopefully I will get through when coming back from Stafford Show in a couple of weeks time.. Stratford is the other way around so will not be bothered with it next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back