Dartford crossing (2 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Having sat for 1 hr in the que for the tunnel at 11 this morning, I don't think free flowing traffic. Ones to mind. You still have to slow down for the barrier and there are less lanes. Local traffic was a nightmare. Free flowing back over th bridge as there are no barriers that side.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have had no replies to my messages to Keithbot but I have just checked my account and it has been rectified again back to £1.67. I suspect my fellow messengers have also been sorted. Check it out.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
They have sorted mine

number
Class
Make Model Colour Price per crossing
Class B - Cars DUCATO 18 JTD MWB WHITE £1.67 :party:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well, I've just checked my account, not having had any response to the two communications (emails?) I sent.
Still showing as Class C, but now the charging rate shows £1.67 which is Class B.
I simply cannot be bothered to do anything else, and looking at the posts above it would seem that I'd probably make it worse!

Won't be crossing until Jan 2nd so hopefully they'll have it sorted, also the queues.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have had no replies to my messages to Keithbot but I have just checked my account and it has been rectified again back to £1.67. I suspect my fellow messengers have also been sorted. Check it out.
Same here after logging into my account minutes ago, so well done Keith. (y)

It's just a shame his colleagues in Leeds couldn't sort out the problem, and all because "their computer said no". (n)

Cheers,

Jock.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Just checked my account on Dartford Crossing, Reg 21th November paid £10. Account showing 0.00 credit. Checked my credit card, they took two payment of £10.00. Called them and they are going to refund £10.00 and put the other £10.00 on my account, should take up to a week, will wait and see.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just checked my account on Dartford Crossing, Reg 21th November paid £10. Account showing 0.00 credit. Checked my credit card, they took two payment of £10.00. Called them and they are going to refund £10.00 and put the other £10.00 on my account, should take up to a week, will wait and see.
& it has cost you time & money to ring them when it is their error !

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
well i set mine up a while ago and used the bridge last sunday last night i looked at my account and its showing zeronow i cant remember which card i used more time on the phone

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Went through a couple of times yesterday,going south, the booths and barriers already demolished and the traffic flows over the bridge in 4 lanes and round the ongoing works in 4 lanes no jams really good. Going north the barriers are still there albeit with no need for drivers to find coins etc they do slow it up, but once their gone should be much better. I am through again tomorrow so will see developments.
I still have not seen how they plan to make non UK registered vehicles pay, of which there are loads, mainly trucks but plenty of vans and cars too.
As the congestion eases we will all have to watch out for the average speed cameras that cover the crossing, fewer jams....more speed....more fines.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I live 2 miles from the tunnel. The new free flowing system has added hours onto local traffic. Residents of the housing Estate near the Tunnel are having trouble accessing their homes due to all the traffic on the approach roads. The crossing from Essex to Kent is certainly faster as the booths have been removed. Having to go the long way round (an added 5 miles) to try and avoid traffic. Nightmare here.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Old thread I know but having registered the car way back I didn't do the motorhome as we had no plans to use it and wished to avoid the aggro of a phone call. Just registered and it went category 2 or whatever, forgotten already but the same as the car. I mentioned MHF and the problems members had had in my feedback. Perhaps they're getting it right, about time I hear you say. (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Old thread I know
Baily58, I think it is good to keep these threads going, so as to update others, as there are often minor changes which occasional users might not be aware of. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Have I missed something, the last time I went through the Dartford was by mistake while following the sat nav!
So I have to know in advance I'm going to go the wrong way, or if I'm on a road trip with just my old Nokia phone for emergences I have to find a way to Pay?

OP
OP
robiebee
Jun 26, 2012
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt pilote
Exp
2005 off and on
Just checked my account and behold motorhome --class B£1.67
My other car ---Class C £1.67
So class b is the same as class c I give up

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Here you go Blue star. :)
Broken Link Removed

HTH,

Jock.

Just checked where I could pay via a payzone hoping there would be one local to me up here in Scotland ...... the place they came up with closed three years ago (n)

A tag would be of no use as going through one or twice every 5 years at most.... and we have old type phones.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Just checked where I could pay via a payzone hoping there would be one local to me up here in Scotland ...... the place they came up with closed three years ago (n)

A tag would be of no use as going through one or twice every 5 years at most.... and we have old type phones.

Can I suggest that you ring them and pay prior to travel when you are about to leave home?
That's why my neighbour does.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

You don't get a tag these days, Helen, they read the number plate by camera and check if it is linked to an account to take payment.
I wasn't going to bother with an account, because we use the crossing very infrequently, but then found we would be using it for a visit to Crawley last month. After checking that unused balances aren't lost I set up an account with the minimum £10 and registered both car and motorhome to it. We used the crossing both ways, cost £1.67 each time so there is currently £6.66 sitting in the account until we happen to use it again.
When the balance eventually gets down to a couple of pounds I'll add another tenner to it. In our case it's worth it just to avoid the hassle of having to make individual payments.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
clipped............
I wasn't going to bother with an account, because we use the crossing very infrequently, but then found we would be using it for a visit to Crawley last month. After checking that unused balances aren't lost I set up an account with the minimum £10 and registered both car and motorhome to it. We used the crossing both ways, cost £1.67 each time so there is currently £6.66 sitting in the account until we happen to use it again.
When the balance eventually gets down to a couple of pounds I'll add another tenner to it. In our case it's worth it just to avoid the hassle of having to make individual payments.
That's exactly what I did Graham, however, I topped up by £3.00, so as to test the email top up reminder service (less than £10) when we come back via Dartford in September, but still leaving a fair amount in the account to cater for my forgetfulness. ;)

Those who choose auto top ups, can have as much as £18.33 sat dormant in their account, if not regular users. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Here you go Blue star. :)
Broken Link Removed

HTH,

Jock.
Thanks for that,
I must be getting old, I'm starting to live in a world where I need a computer to travel around in my own country :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back