Dartford account - is it just me? (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
So even though I was just about to get out and see about how and what to pay when the barrier opened I am in trouble. It was fairly early in the morning. Are there times when charges apply. I thought the Dartford Tunnel might have charges, but all the signs said Dartford Crossing, and not having ever travelled round there thought they were different, Until of course I had gone through the barrier when I could see it was the tunnel!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can make a one off payment on your phone, which is what I did. No need to set up an account.
My motor home class was incorrect. I paid £3, it should have been £2.50.
I sent them an email, they changed the class, but did not refund me the difference!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah ours is £2.50 so put a fiver on about a week before and just drove through.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Okay - I know nothing about the Dartford Tunnel/Crossing. Set my sat nav (which is supposed to warn me of tolls) set out and it took me to Dartford Crossing - expected to have to pay, but the barrier just lifted when I got there. Whats going on?
If you have an account for the crossing the charge will be deducted automatically ..... it works on number plate recognition (NPR).
Without an account, you can either pay in advance or by mid-night of the following day.
There are various ways to pay but if you don't you will get a penalty charge in the post.
When paying make sure they understand it's for a motorhome (size is irrelevant) which is Class B.

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Why is everyone banging on about paying £2.50 per crossing when it says £1.67 per crossing for my MH?

Dart 3.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As we'll be going abroad twice next year that's 4 Dartford tolls, our choices are:
  • either .... pay £2.50 each time (£10.00 total) and have the hassle of having to pay within 24 hours, or remember to pay on line 24 hours before we go

• or ...... open an account and pay £10.00 into it and let the 'auto' teller take the dosh when required so I don't have the hassle of worrying about it

So, seeing as it won't cost me any more in effect to set up an account I think that's what I'll d, also the cost will drop to £1.67 a time so it will actually only be £6.68 for 4 crossings, leaving enough for another 2 crossings in the future.:xgrin:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's a complete con.

£70 -£100 fines will net the sods £Millions.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It's a complete con.

£70 -£100 fines will net the sods £Millions.
Maybe ... just make sure you're not one of them lining their pockets!

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks all. Without this thread I didn't even realise I had to pay!!! Going along early morning in the dark and rain when you have never been anywhere near it before. The signs certainly don't make it clear. First I thought the Dartford Crossing was different to the Dartford Tunnel. My sat nav should ask if toll roads are involved and there was no mention. Then the signs were all about what I thought was congestion charge, which I thought wouldnt apply as I was skirting london to get to cambridge and also I thought the with a petrol engine stuff wouldn't apply to me.

When I got to where the barriers were I had no idea how much or how to pay. I expected to see toll booths. Was just about to get out to see what was going on.( I thought everyone behind would just have to wait) then the barrier went up so I thought either the tolls had been done away with or I was early enough in the morning

Because of this thread I looked it up and guessed I was not before 6am and would have to pay. So thanks folks, You have probably saved me a penalty notice and fine :xThumb:

|There is NOWHERE on line that you can make your feelings known about what is happening there. Very poor!

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Excuse my ignorance but how do I go any further with my application to start an account for the Dartford Crossing payment.

I filled in the form, see below with my details obscured, but can't see anywhere to click to complete the payment scheme.

Is it just me or is there something missing from the page?

Or could you point me in the direction of a thread on this topic?

View attachment 50132

I did ours car and truck via post with a cheque
And that was resident status charges
Proof of residence and licence and log book copy
It's freepost as well
Form is downloadable

Phil65

Free Member
Oct 13, 2012
Newark, Notts
Funster No
MH
Coach built, low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Iandsm used your link and just opened an account as I'm hoping to use the crossing to get to Dover in February

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's what I said , when we came through how do foreign drivers go on, if they know nothing about it , the signs are only in English, so presumably they get away without paying

No same a s the LEZ they use foreign debt collectors to hunt you down. 1st venture into the LEZ without registering brings a warning notice sent to your foreign address. I had to register with the LEZ & supply copies of registration documents.
Can't do that with MH as it does not comply with the emissions .
Not that it should really bother anyone with a Spanish vehicle as the debts go with the vehicle. :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back