Darren & Jennie from Australia visiting UK (1 Viewer)

B

Black Betty

Deleted User
Hi, We have ourselves our pride and joy, Mercedes bus made into a shop and motorhome here in Australia. Ironically she is black and called Black Betty hence our name.
We actually are visiting the UK for 2 months and wondering about motorhome hire. A friend of ours just hired a members motorhome here in Australia and we are looking to do the same only in the UK. Look forward to chatting to a few members soon to receive some advice.::bigsmile:
Darren & Jennie in Australia

OP
OP
B

Black Betty

Deleted User
Thank you Dream I will go through and check out. Seems UK rental prices are nearly triple what the Australian Motorhome rentals are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Hi Darren & Jennie

Wow, those prices are really harsh, aren't they? As you say, we hired in Australia a couple of years ago for a lot less than that (even if it was only a Toyota HiAce).

Unfortunately, 2 months is probably too short to buy & re-sell. The only thing I can think of to keep the cost down is to look at hiring an unmodified panel van (Ford Transit maybe?) and to buy a tent, camping gas cooker, etc.

Depends what time of year you're coming over, but surely a whole lot cheaper!!

Good luck.

Bruce

p.s. What part of Aus are you from? Have you done much travelling in Betty?

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Black betty:welcome: and I love your gear on your web site:thumb:

OP
OP
B

Black Betty

Deleted User
Thanks Dylan, Our gear is why we are coming over. A lot of outlets want to sell it but we also need a holiday.

We travel in Black Betty nearly every weekend for work. Just returned from 3 weeks in Mildura, Adelaide, Mount Gambier then a weekend in the Gold Coast, now Tamworth and back to South Australia for Easter. Is a very hectic life for us and Black Betty always on the move.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back