OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So - the narrow roads and close bushes of the Cornish roads have caught me out! :( That is the problem with satnavs in Cornwall. They don't tell you how narrow the roads are.

So does anyone know any good way of getting scratch marks off your double glazed plastic windows? The van, I am sure, will polish out nicely with a bit of elbow grease. And some polish.... lol But I am worried that I now have two long marks along the windows which will constantly remind me of the day the satnav picked a daft route home :Doh:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
minor scratches, brasso, but deeper ones are difficult as it takes a lot of work and not always successfully. deep ones involve wet & dry paper and cutting compound and a rotary polisher. not for the average diy'er and can ruin windows that are expensive to replace

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPw201VqSc"]Plastic and Acrylic Restoration kit, Removes Scratches, abrasions, haziness. - YouTube[/ame]

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
look out for seitze scratch remover Its made especialy to remove scratches from plastic windows :thumb:. I did same think on coast road to padstow .Icant remember where I got it from. but look on net.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
try ASTONISH PASTE--- FROM POUND TYPE SHOPS :thumb: You can buy it elsewhere for around £5 :Smile: Rub along the scratch not across it :thumb:
terry
Broken Link Removed
lots of pound shops have it

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use Autoglem Supper resin car polish with a soft cloth in small circular motion.
What ever you do make sure the window is clean first.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Brasso will take deeper scratches out after 2 or three polishes,great stuff and can also be used on sides of van

Vlad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Try Farecla G3 paste. Beware of colour cut type liquids as some are petroleum based and will lead to fine cracks on acrylic windows.

Brian

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I would advise that you don't use small circular movements on any windows be they acrylic or glass -- if you think about this you are using a rubbing paste (very fine) to polish out a scratch which in turn leaves very,very fine scratches behind :Eeek: hence my earlier post to rub along the scratch -- a tip from a old guy who spent hours rubbing scratches out with Jewelers rouge -:winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back