Dec 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr e435
Exp
1 year
hello peeps,
at Gatwick at the mo', struggling with the electrics
edf came and did something after a power cut - we now have electrics on again for the charging points, but not showers etc.
when the electrics came on again,
my electric water heater has not come back on,
leisure battery now not charging under driver seat - fuse there is fine.
BUT the 240v ac socket is charging the mobiles and this laptop...I have checked all fuses at the point where the power is connected from the charging point and they are fine. there is a 30A relay switch there too - simple on/off function.
I suspect this is the problem??
any thoughts much appreciated. I have an old bessacarr E435, 2004 plate....thanks...

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
It does sound like you still have a 230v fuse or breaker that needs reset..
If your mains charger isn't switching on as you say ..trace the 230v supply to that.. Sounds like that's the breaker that still nerds resetting and it most probably feeds the mains to your water heater as well..
Andy.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
my van has a small 230v consumer unit just after the mains inlet with a couple of switch fuses. maybe some / one of them has tripped.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
george mcneill
Dec 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr e435
Exp
1 year
It does sound like you still have a 230v fuse or breaker that needs reset..
If your mains charger isn't switching on as you say ..trace the 230v supply to that.. Sounds like that's the breaker that still nerds resetting and it most probably feeds the mains to your water heater as well..
Andy.
yes of course! I have 3 rcds - main and charge/heater/fridge and sockets. all are on , so the rcd has failed....how to get it out and replace??

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yes of course! I have 3 rcds - main and charge/heater/fridge and sockets. all are on , so the rcd has failed....how to get it out and replace??
Usually when an RCD or MCB fail they won't reset.... IE: They return to the trip position instantly after turning back on.
If it resets I doubt it has failed.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Won't be the RCD as your mains sockets are working.
Not unheard of in country areas with overhead cables for the voltage to exceed the max spect of 254v. If this has happened could have blown your charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
george mcneill
Dec 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr e435
Exp
1 year
thanks, peeps - rcd is fine , then.....the power at the Gatwick site is not from overhead cables - as far as a I know!! stumped for reason why heater and charger wont work now....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back