Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi , we have just got ours back from dealer after some warranty work and they did a hab service while there got damp in rear locker door 36% and the next high reading is somewhere near the same place as op but looking at the diagram it seems to be in the same area under front bench seat with a reading of 21% will have to keep an eye on it and the joint in his picture , might put some silicone around it to see if it has any effect. imala730

I would not recommend Silicon for sealing a motorhome - something like Sikaflex should be better. (y)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I would not recommend Silicon for sealing a motorhome - something like Sikaflex should be better. (y)

The only thing I would be careful of Mike is making a self-repair on a van which is a.) still under warranty and, b.) may require further dealer/manufacturer intervention to fix it.

I would hate to think that someone made a dodgy repair attempt on a damp body panel only to find that the dealer rejected any future water ingress claim.

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We have an Imala 720. On occasions when we have been using it when it's been cold, the metal strip in that position under the table has been wet. Never had damp issues there at any other time and put it down to condensation as the metal was cold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
carthorse

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Yes we've noticed that not enough to cause our damp problems.
Van's going back to Autotrail in March for repair then bye bye Autotrail hello
Sunlight.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Autotrail's have john guest speed fit type semi-flexible plastic pipes with a micro-switched pump. I have seen a few Auto-trails pipes that blow apart with the water pressure. The pump micro-switch then kicks in and all the water in the motor home water tank will leak in to the van.
If I had an Auto-trail I would tape any water pipe joints up with gaffer tape to stop them from coming undone. eg, T joints, Y joints, straight joints etc
That would apply to many vans and caravans that use the same fittings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back