"Damp you ain't seen nothing yet" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Daisie submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

Eldiss Autoquest 400 K Reg.
Well always wanted a U shaped lounge so when hubby went to Luton Oct 2010 for a week I took my chance. Stripped out ther rear end of the motorhome and knowing we had damp in the loo was not perturbed. But oh dear it went half way down the van . Very cleverly disguised in places, covered by new boards.The ceiling literally fell down and the roof had droplets of water hanging down. Never mind I spent Oct to march taking out all the rotten wood and replacing with slightly larger size. re insulated the roof, the sides insulation was heat welded to the ali body and ok, Moved the toilet window to the new position, behind the driver, cut out a large opening for the dining area large window to go in.
so now have a ushaped lounge, toilet/ shower behind driver, then a large wardrobe .
I left the hot water tank where it was and the electric box but had to move the inboard water tank. All our tanks are inboard. Used all the metal seating frames for seating (for strength in rear end) Used the top cupboards , well used just about everything that was in there just purchased insulation/wood/adhesive/wallboards/vinyl and carpet. £762.52p Never touched the kitchen area.
Lots more to tell.
Must admit hubby shocked on has return but did help quite a bit, had to let him do something.
ps, this is No7 van in 42 years, Home built 3 , redesigned 2, didnt touch 2.
I have a book with more photos if you wish to see, hopefully will join MHF at meets this year, definately at Malvern

Broken Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Very impressive .. well done (y)

Reminds me of an old Colchester caravan I did up many years ago.. the whole back wall and half way down one side was rotten.
Ended up rebuilding and remodeling the toilet compartment, molding fiberglass shower tray to suite the odd shape and fitting a cassette toilet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Wow, respect.... wouldn't know where to start, well could probably manage the demolition bit but after that...
It's looking good. (y)

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Wow, well done, and to think that I have been fretting about mounting a fire extinguisher and fire blanket! :eek:

Keith Hart

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Nice job(y) one question, wots the level for?

OP
OP
Daisie

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
yes I am a "Woman" hope so had 3 children and yes hubby did quite a bit, but just the bits he wanted to do and the bits a let him do.
He is now helping me re arrange to kitchen as after 30yrs with a Cannon eye level grill cooker have treated us to a nice new modern cooker so cupbards and units need moving about. Got to keep him busy!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
(y)Wow, well done that woman! What a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back