Damp readings on a 20 year old van (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
So we took our van to a dealer today looking to get a trade-in value for a possible new purchase. Dealer got his mechanic out with his damp meter and went through the van from top to bottom and not a single reading about 15%. To say we are happy is an under-statement!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I once bought a lovely old van, bone dry but a little crusty and dirty. A really good wash later and it leaked like a sieve. Turned out it was kept under cover in a barn for years and all the sealant had dried out. Re-did all the seals down both sides and the roof and it was sorted. Took a few days hard work though

OP
OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
I once bought a lovely old van, bone dry but a little crusty and dirty. A really good wash later and it leaked like a sieve. Turned out it was kept under cover in a barn for years and all the sealant had dried out. Re-did all the seals down both sides and the roof and it was sorted. Took a few days hard work though
Ours sits on the drive and the day before the readings it had been absolutely belting down for 24 hours straight :) Happy little camper here right now!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
My damp meter arrived today. Going to our van in storage tomorrow to take readings to see how they compare with recent ones taken. I have the readings and locations they took so should be interesting.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The damp meter i bought that was delivered yesterday is FAULTY so has to go back, bugger.
Brennenstuhl.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The damp meter i bought that was delivered yesterday is FAULTY so has to go back, bugger.
Brennenstuhl.
What's up with it? Our two work great and was thinking of a third one.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
What's up with it? Our two work great and was thinking of a third one.
The screen wont clear. All the 888.88 and couple other things on the screen will not clear. Batteries are fine. Tried everything, wont have it. It's going back tomorrow for exchange. Amazon so no prob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back