Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Aldi have got a digital moisture meter coming up on this Thursday deals. Please Funsters is this a good one and would it be ok when we look at MH's.

Please some tips on where we should check (corners, bathroom) and what readings you would expect.

Good advice needed

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I'd just use your nose and eyes. If you can smell damp musty odour inside the van then start hunting for problems and decide if you or someone else is going to fix it.

Upvote 0

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Don't just use your eyes damp can be present months before its visible

A damp metre is good but also feel for soft areas etc , staining

You can get a damp metre from ebay for £7.50 which is good enough for the job I've had mine 3 years now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Certainly the cheaper meters can give you an indication of damp but my current experience has shown me that the expensive protimeter gives an accurate reading.
Because of my current problems with my 11 month old MH I have used 2 cheap meters, both of them have indicated damp but not accurately.
One them reports a maximum of 38%, the other slightly lower.
The dealer using a protimeter has shown a maximum of 50% while my mobile engineer using his protimeter has shown 55%.
so if you want complete accuracy then you'll have to shell out serious cash otherwise a cheapo will do.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back