Damp meter, what am i doing wrong (1 Viewer)

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I bought a new cordless kettle today. Unpacked it and thought for a minute the base was missing! It was inside the kettle :LOL:

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Oh my god, i am such a donkey, i feel so embarrassed. In Salford we call this type of person "A Dick Head", never before as such a label been so apt.

Thank you all you professors. :eek: :oops:

PS. It now works.

You are not alone , I was installing heating in a house , the guy was moaning about the shower he had installed 7 years ago , he wanted the chrome one but got the blue one , when I peeled off the plastic protective covering to reveal the chrome he was also embarrassed šŸ˜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner šŸ˜Š
Bet you don't fall for that one again :giggle:
When I had my graphics business I used to make show plates (number plates) I had a young lady asking to have a new one made as she had been told by a traffic policeman to get It changed as It was the wrong colour, I thought the car must have had a white front plate fitted to the back but she said no it is Pink, I went out to take a look and she was right the rear plate had a strong tint of Pink, I saved her Ā£25.00 that day as I removed the protective film for free, I must say It made my day though as she was going to have words with her partner who fitted the plate for her.
Random question for youā€¦ā€¦we have bought a second hand Motorhome and the front number plate has never had the protective film removed. Itā€™s baked on by the look of it, any ideas on how to remove it? šŸ¤”

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Random question for youā€¦ā€¦we have bought a second hand Motorhome and the front number plate has never had the protective film removed. Itā€™s baked on by the look of it, any ideas on how to remove it? šŸ¤”
šŸ˜‚ Ours is the same... I gave up šŸ‘

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Short answer is no.
There might be a solvent out there that might get it off if you're lucky. All our acrylics and plastics had a film on which was not uv stable so as soon as possible after producing the signs we would remove the films. I had to be carefully pulling these films of the big sheets as I was susceptible to the tremendous static electric shock it could generatešŸ˜šŸ˜

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thank you, Bob (bobnick .) :hugs:

Did no see this post when you first posted it...

Just read it right through.... (y)

Now sitting in my arm chair with a wet patch between my legs..... :clap2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
When I got my current car at 2.5 yrs old it still had the film all over the dashboard. Luckily it still peeled off easily.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
If you ALL promise not to laugh at me Iā€™ll tell you a story. Short versionā€¦ā€¦

I drive off in the car with my iPhone in the roofā€¦ā€¦ā€¦no,thatā€™s not the whole story,just the start:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I discover the phone about half a mile away,on the side of the road,all smashed up.ā˜¹ļøšŸ˜•šŸ˜•

But I did recover the Ā£20 note that Iā€™d kept in the ā€œgenuine leatherā€ phone cover šŸ˜šŸ˜†šŸ˜„.

So,the duchess orders me a brand new iPhone that comes in 48 hoursšŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

But itā€™s very quietā€¦ā€¦..doesnā€™t matter which button I press itā€™s still very low volume. I phone her,she phones me. I phone the kids for advice (well,one has a masters in electronic engineeringā€¦.is he really mine??). Nothing doing.šŸ¤Ø

So,we go to the nice people at John Lewis (my god I donā€™t like shopping but if you want a good shop that is one)ā€¦ā€¦.I show him the phoneā€¦..he smilesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€Sir,youā€™ve put the screen protector on the wrong way roundā€.

Conclude what you will from this. I donā€™t know you,you donā€™t know meā€¦..my inadequacy is a secret is within these threads!!!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Don't worry I put two graphics on my van a cyclist and a runner, so I put the cyclist over the loo area because his wider and the runner over the kitchen area... Stepped back and patted myself on back only to realise they are both going backwards!!! Doh.
And backwards they remained!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Priceless, many thanks, I was having a wrong of the stick day till I read this thread. :giggle:
Mike.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Priceless, many thanks, I was having a wrong of the stick day till I read this thread. :giggle:
Mike.
It's kept me chuckling all evening, just a classic! I realised long ago I was a congenital buffoon and begat two of my own, but we find that has created a great source of our humour!:giggle:

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
It's kept me chuckling all evening, just a classic! I realised long ago I was a congenital buffoon and begat two of my own, but we find that has created a great source of our humour!:giggle:
In retrospect :rolleyes:
:blusher:
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back