Damp meter, what am i doing wrong (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I am on my second Brennenenstuhl damp meter tester.
I cannot get it to work
Following the instructions to the letter.
New battery in.
It will not read. 88.8 stays on the screen along with all the other icons. I get bleeps buts the screen will not show anything other than 88.8 and the icons.

Don't want to put this 2nd one in the bin with the dash cam (brand new never used in the bin)
Suggestions welcome.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
20210521_183238.jpg

And that screen will not clear, as it did not on the 1st one.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Forgive me for asking a silly question, have you removed the protective plastic film over the display, sometimes these covers carry symbols to show what it looks like when in use.
Where did you get it from?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Don't want to put this 2nd one in the bin with the dash cam (brand new never used in the bin)
Suggestions welcome.
Did you peel the cover off the dash cam display?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I am on my second Brennenenstuhl damp meter tester.
I cannot get it to work
Following the instructions to the letter.
New battery in.
It will not read. 88.8 stays on the screen along with all the other icons. I get bleeps buts the screen will not show anything other than 88.8 and the icons.

Suggestions welcome.
Can you fish your dash cam out the bin, bet it wasn't a cheapo either.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Oh my god, i am such a donkey, i feel so embarrassed. In Salford we this type of person "A Dick Head", never before as such a label been so apt.

Thank you all you professors. :eek: :oops:

PS. It now works.
easy done, why o why the put them on is beyond me, I bet loads of people have done that.
Your bin mans happy enough tho. Lets hope they dont start putting them stickers on 60 inch tellies. ::bigsmile:

more to the point Id be interested to see if you get damp like the dealer did

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
easy done, why o why the put them on is beyond me, I bet loads of people have done that.
Your bin mans happy enough tho. Lets hope they dont start putting them stickers on 60 inch tellies. ::bigsmile:

more to the point Id be interested to see if you get damp like the dealer did
The damp:LOL: test report from Don Amott was all reading 88.8.........wonder why

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Oh my god, i am such a donkey, i feel so embarrassed. In Salford we call this type of person "A Dick Head", never before as such a label been so apt.

Thank you all you professors. :eek: :oops:

PS. It now works.
Worry not, we all make mistakes. It did make me chuckle mind.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I've got one of those and I'm not very impressed with it. I turn it on and it zeros then I use it and get a reading but when I remove it from the wall, roof wherever, it resets to 5.5% instead of back to zero. So now I don't trust the reading which makes it useless.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I've got one of those and I'm not very impressed with it. I turn it on and it zeros then I use it and get a reading but when I remove it from the wall, roof wherever, it resets to 5.5% instead of back to zero. So now I don't trust the reading which makes it useless.
Mine's OK had it a few years. Just had to solder a new ON switch on it though, you have to keep them dry and indoors 😏

Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
Dont worry too much over the accuracy of the readings with these cheapo meters you just need a comparison. So if all your readings are 10% and next time they are 25% you know you need to investigate. Obviously the bigger the difference the more you need to take a look and if they are generally high get a professional opinion.

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Bet you don't fall for that one again :giggle:
When I had my graphics business I used to make show plates (number plates) I had a young lady asking to have a new one made as she had been told by a traffic policeman to get It changed as It was the wrong colour, I thought the car must have had a white front plate fitted to the back but she said no it is Pink, I went out to take a look and she was right the rear plate had a strong tint of Pink, I saved her £25.00 that day as I removed the protective film for free, I must say It made my day though as she was going to have words with her partner who fitted the plate for her.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Bet you don't fall for that one again :giggle:
When I had my graphics business I used to make show plates (number plates) I had a young lady asking to have a new one made as she had been told by a traffic policeman to get It changed as It was the wrong colour, I thought the car must have had a white front plate fitted to the back but she said no it is Pink, I went out to take a look and she was right the rear plate had a strong tint of Pink, I saved her £25.00 that day as I removed the protective film for free, I must say It made my day though as she was going to have words with her partner who fitted the plate for her.
You would have thought that the Traffic Copper would have had the nonce to suss that one out for her. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012

I have the same model and the key button locks the reading. Very useful when you can’t see the screen when taking a reading. Before removing it from the test area, press the key button to lock the reading then it can be read when retrieved. Remember to turn the key button off again and it should reset to zero. That’s the way I use it and had no issues.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
We recently ordered a new oven. When I unpacked it the control panel was dull and scratched, so I asked the supplier to send us a replacement oven. Yep, plastic film. Very embarrassing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back