damp in a brand new mh anyone? (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Its an Elddis, a brand new one at that. we rejected about 6 days after we purchased it. we are waiting for a reply from dealership, waiting and waiting and waiting. they do not seem to very talkative meanwhile the mh is getting damper and damper. we will not be going for a repair job we are sticking to a full refund. sorry to have kept everyone in the dark but we thought that this would be an open and shut case and expected a full refund almost immediately. we have taken it back for them to check the mh and have heard nothing that was 3 weeks ago.
I would find a solicitor and tell the dealership you are seeking legal advice. It won't cost you anything to just speak to a solicitor and ask if they would take on the case - should it be necessary.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Its an Elddis, a brand new one at that. we rejected about 6 days after we purchased it. we are waiting for a reply from dealership, waiting and waiting and waiting. they do not seem to very talkative meanwhile the mh is getting damper and damper. we will not be going for a repair job we are sticking to a full refund. sorry to have kept everyone in the dark but we thought that this would be an open and shut case and expected a full refund almost immediately. we have taken it back for them to check the mh and have heard nothing that was 3 weeks ago.
Correct decision, hope you get paid out soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we have taken it back for them to check the mh and have heard nothing that was 3 weeks ago.

Is it "smell a rat time ? as in "Mr Threeply, we've fixed your MH, it was nothing really, a missing screw, it's now ready for you to collect".

Reactions: f6c
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
I hope you get your desired outcome, whenever I read sorry stories like this my thoughts turn to the next poor sod that cashes in his pension or hands over his hard earned savings and drives off into the sunset with your rejected mobile sponge.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Maybe worth an e-mail / letter to the manufacturing company ?

ERWIN HYMER GROUP UK LTD
Explorer House, Delves Lane, Consett, County Durham, DH8 7PE

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i

ERWIN HYMER GROUP UK LTD

Very polite expressing disappointment that their dealer appears not to be responding. I would also CC it to Germany just in case the UK feels the need to bury bad news. I also think it's worth an initial consultation with a solicitor, cheap in relation to the cost of the van.

Best of Luck

Malcolm

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Very polite expressing disappointment that their dealer appears not to be responding. I would also CC it to Germany just in case the UK feels the need to bury bad news. I also think it's worth an initial consultation with a solicitor, cheap in relation to the cost of the van.

Best of Luck

Malcolm

Definitely agree with this statement. (y)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
As the van in question is an Elldis, what's that got to do with Hymer? Do Hymer make Elldiss vans? I thought they were made in UK?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013

ERWIN HYMER GROUP UK LTD

Do they make Eldiss then?

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I hope for your sake the dealer is not waiting for the 30 days to expire !!!!!!!!!!
Register the date you took it back, WITH a solicitor AND the dealer....
You are up to roughly 27 or 28 days now !!!!!!!!!
I wish you all the luck in the world, it is a heart breaker..
Mitch.
PS. PLEASE let us all know the outcome....

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
... mind you Hymer have plenty of experience of building their own "leaky vans" so that should help speed things up :ROFLMAO:

Robert cardiff

Free Member
Oct 8, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 starline
Exp
4months
Sounds shocking. If it's serious and you're not happy, consider rejecting the van. Big decision I know, but worth serious consideration.

If it were me I would be VERY unhappy.

Hope you can get the matter sorted, one way or another, without too much pain.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I hope for your sake the dealer is not waiting for the 30 days to expire !!!!!!!!!!
Register the date you took it back, WITH a solicitor AND the dealer....
You are up to roughly 27 or 28 days now !!!!!!!!!
I wish you all the luck in the world, it is a heart breaker..
Mitch.
PS. PLEASE let us all know the outcome....

Mitch,

As long as the owner has made an official and verifiable rejection note to the dealer within the first 30-days of receipt then they'll be fine. The case may take several months to resolve (potentially) but it will help the OP if he/she has evidence of the rejection rather than them referring to a chat only.

A note from a solicitor to the dealer prior to the 30-day ownership point is the best legal course of action IMO.

All the best,

Andrew

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if You do get a good out come might be a good idea to publish the reg number on as many forums as posibil so folks are aware of the issues with that van.
bill

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
So sorry to hear about your van three.. I can’t think of anything worse than finding damp in it.. as others have said.. reject it and get another would be my course of action.. if no reply from the dealer threaten them with legal action..

Hope all gets sorted satisfactorily..

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Who is the dealer . We all need protecting from unsavory dealerships ...

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
@threeply it is nearly two months now, has the issue been resolved.

Such an awful situation, I think we are all keen to find out if a satisfactory solution is on the horizon for you.

Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

OP
OP
threeply

threeply

Free Member
May 18, 2015
watford
Funster No
MH
autotrail 700 se
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi has anyone had any dealings with NCC, just wondering if they have helped anyone with problems with MH dealers. If they have it would be good to know.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
1. An issue or repair still being dealt with under the terms of a Manufacturer’s Warranty and their responsibilities under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

2. An issue already being dealt with by another trade association or another independent redress or dispute resolution scheme (e.g. Financial Conduct Authority or an Ombudsman service).

3. An issue already being dealt with under criminal law, or in progress under civil law including the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (e.g. small claims court).

4. An issue where you have formally instructed, been represented, or are represented, by a solicitor or other legal representative.

Some of the issues you cannot complain about. I would think the first one would be the one most people would want to complain about yet they don't want to know. The NCC is a Trade Body funded by the Trade. Just sounds good and lets them stick a nice plastic sticker on the side of MH. They also have a list of approved workshops which includes many of the businesses that we are always complaining about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back