Ains-campers

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Lancaster UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
bought our first ever motorhome in January 2016, what a dream she's fab!
Hello all, I've had them sickening words said to me DAMP! Can anyone recommend a repairist or general advise to put my mind at rest in the meantime? I've got a bessecarr E445 and what I originally thought may be a little around the garage door, turns out to be primerally down the passenger / kitchen side and possibly starting on the rear. I was told to expect a rough price to say we were left deflated was a understatement, gutted its there, but it's there, hey-ho I've had my cry lol......any advise welcome! Cheers all

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
So long as it's just damp and not rot, all will be OK. :)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Ains-campers : sorry to hear about your damp problem. As posted above it is important to first find the source of the damp. Given the 'ball park' quote you have received it sounds like there might be some rot to deal with and the extent of the problem needs to be identified first.
Unfortunately I can't make any recommendations of suitable repairers in the north west region, but would suggest that as it is a big job with an anticipated cost of four figures, then be prepared to travel to a reputable repairer. Hopefully some knowledgeable Funster will be along with a recommendation soon. There might even be a member who has tackled this type of remedial work before and could/would undertake the work for you at an agreed price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I just Googles "motorhome damp repairs north west" and there were several companies there. Perhaps they could at least offer you quotes before selecting a recommended company.

OP
OP
Ains-campers

Ains-campers

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Lancaster UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Cheers for the advice and comments guys. There's a company in Accrington and looking at the reviews and photos this may be an option. Cheers guys fingers crossed just damp not rot

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Crossley coach craft at Leyland have a good reputation

OP
OP
Ains-campers

Ains-campers

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Lancaster UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
The guy who found it said he'd heard they was good, thanks for that

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
So long as it's just damp and not rot, all will be OK. :)

Very true in my experience!

One of the caravans we had in a previous life developed a leak in the shower tray and we did not notice for some time - when we did notice and checked with a damp meter we found quite extensive damp in the floor and walls around the shower room. :(

Fixed the leak (new shower tray) and then using 2 fan heaters heated the whole area off and on for a week result no damp, no damage!! :)

So 1st find and fix the leak, ensure no rot & dry out the whole area over time using fan heaters or similar (y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If they are good enough for Todds then I would definately go with them. I have dealt with Todds for years and have nothing but praise for their customer service.

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We used MDR in Warrington and they did an excellent job. They are very thorough and keep you fully informed. Might be worth contacting them?

OP
OP
Ains-campers

Ains-campers

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Lancaster UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Brilliant cheers guys I'll contact both as I've heard them mentioned and recommended by a few people now....thanks for your suggestions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back