Damp check at Campirama (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We're thinking of having our damp check done at Campirama, later in the summer.
I've heard of people just dropping in and having it done, but I'd prefer to book. I've sent an email but had no reply - however, my experience of continental motorhome dealers tells me that this is not unusual :).
Does anyone please know the best contact number/name? Do their Reception speak English? My French is OK, but I'm struggling if I have to speak Flemish! :eek:

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We called in last friday without appointment. 70 euro and thirty mins later new hymer damp check done. Sticker in book and print off hymer system to say done.
We picked up hymer book while there, dont know why as we already have one! Back page has tel 0032/56356258.
ps they are moving premises this winter, no more finding space in crowded yard.

pps spoke perfect english......

Last edited:
OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you very much for that, @SandraL I think we'll maybe just drop in. We've never been before. We bought our van in Germany, but Campirama is so convenient for Calais - far less hassle, (and much cheaper) than getting it done in the UK! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thank you very much for that, @SandraL I think we'll maybe just drop in. We've never been before. We bought our van in Germany, but Campirama is so convenient for Calais - far less hassle, (and much cheaper) than getting it done in the UK! :D
Don't just drop in, you will end up waiting all day unless you are very lucky.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Don't just drop in, you will end up waiting all day unless you are very lucky.

As Lenny said, don't leave it to chance and good luck. They are really helpful I just think it's best to give them a call, their English is excellent and you can then arrange a suitable date.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I think the main problem with having to wait is that it could cost a fortune. We're bound to spend the time in their showroom. Hope the exchange rate improves some time soon - but I'm not holding my breath. :oops:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I think the main problem with having to wait is that it could cost a fortune. We're bound to spend the time in their showroom. Hope the exchange rate improves some time soon - but I'm not holding my breath. :oops:
At the deals Campirama do it will still be cheap especially if you have a LHD to trade..:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
At the deals Campirama do it will still be cheap especially if you have a LHD to trade..:ROFLMAO:
Yes, we do (y). We're very happy with it, but can't help looking at A Class. The 534 Duomobil has taken our eye. We just need to find one at the right price. :D2

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I don't get the duo, what's the point of wasting the cab space in an A class, they felt very claustrophobic to us & the garage is very restricted.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I don't get the duo, what's the point of wasting the cab space in an A class, they felt very claustrophobic to us & the garage is very restricted.
I totally agree. It one of those things that looks OK on paper up to the point where you actually sit in one and try and work out how you would use it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back