Damaged in the car park (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
What a strange couple of weeks we've had in Fuerteventura as the weather forecast was a bit iffy
we decided to refurbish the bathroom a job we'd planned on doing after new year.
So after two weeks of knock down and cart away we finally finished :) that's the good news.

Whilst parked at a local store collecting a vanity unit a local building contractor let his flatbed trolley including 3 bags of cement & a water boiler roll down the car park! Guess who it hit :(

Thankfully Diane was in the camper so she got his reg and name etc off the van(y)
Ten minutes later I arrived back to the camper let's just say I'm not as easy going as Diane the builder was phoned up he denied doing any damage to the van?
His boss then turned up drove the van away leaving his Volvo ??? the builders seemed to think it's acceptable to have a damaged vehicle so what's the problem time to involve the police

The police turn up a few minutes later agreeing with me that the imprint of the trolley was a bit more than coincidence so for so good
After telling the builders as my wife had witnessed the trolley running downhill and into the camper it was their responsibility (y)

He then filled in a claim form against the bosses Volvo (which wasn't even on the car park at the time) stating his car & our camper had collided causing the damage??
Needless to say I refused point blank to sign it stating that to me fraud is a serious crime at which point he got back in his patrol car a disappeared.

Thankfully I've kept the form along with all contact details.

In fairness to the builders they've offered to pay the ā‚¬400 bill that's been estimated at the body shop the Campers booked in the new year fingers crossed.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Probably shows how bent foreign police can be , after signing you could have been in the mire. Take what's offered , best you will get I guess.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back