Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
Since 2016
may I canvass some opinions please? Very recently, I had a local electrician instal two solar panels on my Hymer roof. He didn't mention it but I discovered a couple of days later a piece of the smoked plastic sunroof cover had a chunk missing about two inches square starting at the edge. It makes no real difference and you can't see it but it might be a bargaining point if I were to sell it. I'm a little disappointed that a company would do this but should I be worried? I WhatsApp'd him a photo and he said bring it in for him to look at.
I'm just after opinions as to whether I should be insisting on a new roof light cover or not

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Trouble you will have is proving they did it I would reckon, unless you happen to have a recent photo that shows it was OK then

Coincidence I agree, but when did you last check the skylight, I have never checked mine in 4 years, but might happen to look just after having work done on the roof

Best of luck

I would doubt that if / when traded in they will look on the roof :)(y)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes you should be asking for a new roof light cover-he broke it , not you , so why would you have to pay for a new one or reduce a selling price to cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It's very disappointing ... don't know the answer .. would say definitely want new one as he damaged it .. but when I calm down can I ask how old your vehicle is?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
very difficult to prove when the damage happened. if the company/electrician admits it, then yes, the rooflight needs replacing at their cost

OP
OP
richard wright

richard wright

Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
Since 2016