Dakota 2014. Access to rear parking camera (1 Viewer)

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
i would like to fit an addition camera adjacent to the existing parking factory fitted camera. I'm wanting to improve my rear vision of what is happening behind, using it
almost as a rear view mirror. There is a small panel just below the high.brake lights, housing the existing camera, and I have removed the existing sealer around the panel, but whilst the top section of the panel is free, the bottom section seems to be stuck fast. There doesn't apear to be fastening in the interior, and I am reluctant to apply too much force, for fear of cracking the panel. I would appreciate it if any one could give some pointers as to how I can remove this panel, please.

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
A beautiful day with the sun warming the small panel, thus making it less likely to crack- running a long sharp blade behind the panel through Sikaflex, resulted in success. There must have been a half tube of the sealer liberally applied on a large area to secure the panel. Now, how to get the cable from there to the mirror.

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
An update re getting the cable to the camera, which I have positioned alongside the reversing camera. I used a piece of 6 mm copper tubing, through which I put a cord with a 12 mm nut. This fitted just through the existing hole for the original cable. The tube was bent almost to a right angle at the end. I then pushed it through the hole, horizontall until it hit the corner. I released the cord, and the nut dropped down between the panels to the ground. A little pulling and releasing helped it. The cable was then entered into the body, ran along the floor, and the control b

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back