Dakar Rally (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Brit to take the title on a motorcycle. Local boy, ex student from my school and the son of friends has taken the total at his 3rd attempt. Sam Sunderland form Upton, Dorset won today for Red Bull KTM. So pleased for him. Bike trouble scuppered his last two attempts. :D2

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
First Brit to take the title on a motorcycle. Local boy, ex student from my school and the son of friends has taken the total at his 3rd attempt. Sam Sunderland form Upton, Dorset won today for Red Bull KTM. So pleased for him. Bike trouble scuppered his last two attempts. :D2
I went to school with Dene. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Very good result ,good to have a Dakar winner at last and other British riders finished in reasonable positions, they must be pleased what with all the hard work and funding required.(y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Great result, been sucking up the coverage from everywhere , now its finished i know how football fans feel after the World Cup.

Lyndon Poskitt finished second in Malle Moto(unassisted) and hadnt slept for 44 hours at the end, his youtube series of his travels is the reason my sidebar is full of hotel adverts from Hanoi. Races to Places, 6 series of travels. 12minute episodes, all well worth watching.

Have a mate doing it next year, looks brutal, but so rewarding.

We have plans to try and do something big for 2018, funds permitting, but it wont cost the ÂŁ80k that Dakar does.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
A big up for Sam Sunderland and also to Lyndon Poskitt for 2nd in Malle Moto which is a massive achievement. Factory riders have it a little easier with their air conditioned motorhomes and personal physios and masseuses. I'm not saying its a doddle and its massive for Sam to win, just bigging up the Malle Moto thats all.
Maybe they'll both get a knighthood for their achievements!!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Doubt it,hardly a mention sadly except on Euronews and a nice report on ITV Meridian news as Sam is a Poole guy but based in Dubai.
UK doesn't seem interested in minority??? Sports.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I followed the daily coverage on Eurosport, hell of an achievement by both Sam and Lyndon. BBC News website reported Sam's result as did the local BBC Southern news yesterday morning, so it least he got a little recognition from mainstream media there. I've no clue how the Malle Moto guys survive the extreme fatigue, long days in the saddle and then having to do your own maintenance at the end of it? Madness!

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Its funny, I know loads of people here who ride bikes , follow racing of some sort , but I don't know anyone who plays Tennis.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Congratulations fantastic achievement.

The Dakar boys are hard as nails I know Simon Pavey and his son and have ridden with them a few times bloody bonkers but very very skillful.
Never gonna make prime time tv its not popular enough even Motogp only gets a small slot and even that is dropped for some second rate football match.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Never gonna make prime time tv its not popular enough even Motogp only gets a small slot and even that is dropped for some second rate football match.

That's what really annoyed me when we had BT and free sport. One or two MotoGP races were aired at their convenience when they clashed with football. We go out just before they added insult to injury by charging.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back