wozzer

Free Member
Oct 28, 2013
shropshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
So as the old saying goes if its to good to be true it probably is.
well Daisy the Frankia 740 from Ebay came cheep but she will need a bit of work due to a leak from a roof light and general age related issues. I have taken half the roof down and found some of the wooden struts to be rotten caused by leakage from a roof light that had been replaced by one that did not cover the original fixing holes and not been sealed properly.
I have refitted the roof light and am waiting for it to all dry before replacing the struts and roof lining.
The top of the van has been fitted with aluminium chequer plate that was bonded to the roof. Some of the sheets have come unstuck so I have taken them off and scraped off the glue but am unsure what is best to use to stick them back on, any ideas please
There will be more jobs to do before we can use her and any tips will be much apresiated as this is our first motorhome..

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Don't worry about having to do a few repairs.
People have spent "over £20 000" and have had worse than that!::bigsmile:

Sikaflex, is the adhesive/sealant of choice for motorcaravanners!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ho Wozzer,

I have used Wurth's Bond & Seal which is just as good (some say better) than Sikaflex.
I used it to reattach and seal a rain guttering on our MH, it made an excellent job. :thumb:

Check on the expiry dates with the seller, if not using straight away. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Upvote 0

rogsmith

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
saffron walden
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Good luck wozzer,i must admit i envie you at the moment i would love to have made my first purchase and have it outside waiting for me to sort out.Enjoy mate,im sure you will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
welcome to the joys of motor homing i am sure you will get it up to scratch if it any conciliation i have spent three weeks sorting out my one but more mechanical than any thing and don't see an end to soon so good luck and take all the advice you can from all the funsters on hear
bill

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back