Daihastu Romahome insurance needed

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mooty, May 17, 2010.

  1. mooty


    May 17, 2010
    I am looking at buying a Daihastu which is registered as a Light Goods Vehicle. It has a self build Romahome added to it which can unbolt. I am having trouble getting an isurance quote because it is not registered as a Camper van and is not coach built. The Back is completely seperate from the cab as you can not go from front to back and therefore I don't think I can get it re-registered with the DVLA even though it has a sink, eletrics, gas, fixed bet and storage space.
    Can anyone tell me if any companies will specialise in this for insurance. I will be doing less than 3K a year and it will be kept on a public highway. It is a 2002 Hi-jet 1300 16v EFi with 2 axle Rigid body petrol engine
    Any ideas as to how I can get a quote as so far the only thing I have been able to get is as a pick up truck and as this is normally only comercial it is expensive at over £650.00 per year. any suggestions would be most appreceiated. Thanks Shelly.
  2. ourcampersbeentrashed

    ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

    Apr 19, 2008
    East London
    Try Frank Pickles


    When you phone ask for Barry and say you are from motorhome fun

    They have just saved us over £250 on renewal of our motorhome insurance which was previously insured through adrian flux

Share This Page