• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Dahon Curve D3 folding electric bike - £750 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is my lovely Dahon Curve D3 folding electric bike in gunmetal grey colour.

dahon1.jpg
dahon2.jpg
dahon3.jpg
dahon4.jpg
dahon5.jpg
dahon6.jpg
dahon7.jpg

Its a cracking e-bike and performs as well as, if not better, than the 20" ones I've had.

These are much better quality bikes than many of the folding e-bikes around as it's built with quality components meant for long trouble free use.

It cost over £1,200 and is only a few years old so this is quite a saving on new.

It's done around 600 miles in total, not all using the e-bike system as pedalling without it on is easy too.

It has different tyres on from the original 'Big Apple' ones it was supplied with which are a dual purpose type for on and off road biking (which I've never done!) so they've been changed to road biking ones as they make it more efficient to ride on the road.

It also has a front removable bag which cost over £50.

It includes the mains charger - the battery is removable so can be charged indoors.

The photos show the bike with a different seat post but I have now put the original one back which has the integrated pump.

You are more than welcome to come round and have a look/ride of the bike if you wish, please just send me a message.

Features:

• Colour: Gunmetal Grey
  • Folded size: 72cm Long x 66cm high x 32cm wide [Height can be reduced to 60cm by sliding out the seatpost]
  • Accessories: Mudguards, Carrier, Stand and front mounted quick release bag
  • Electric system: 36V 250W mid-motor (crank drive) with 9AH Battery
  • No of Power levels: 6
  • Throttle: Lever control (on left)
  • Gears: Sturmey Archer SRF3 Hub with Twist Control (on right)
  • Display: Full LCD screen (on left) with on/off and up/down power control buttons with all the normal cycle computer functions in addition to battery level and power settings
  • Seat post: original Dahon post with built in pump
  • Pedals: folding (both sides)
  • Rear rack: with lockable Aluminium Battery housing
  • Weight: 19.5Kg all inclusive weight (battery removed approx 17Kg) with 9ah battery
  • Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon (original Big Apples ones as spares)
  • Frame: Aluminium 16" wheel folding.
  • Fork: Steel folding specific
  • Headset: Semi integrated ahead type
  • Spokes: Stainless
  • Handlebar Post: Radius Telescope, adjustable, forged aluminum
  • Grips: Biologic Ergonomic system, allen key fitting

Info from 'CH White and Son' website (the original converter/seller):

The Curve D3 fits into your life as smoothly as it rides in the day, or slips under your stairs at night. This Custom Electric Curve D3 with a mid crank drive motor delivers the most power that you will ever get out of a legal 250W system. This of course is because crank drive systems use the gears that are available on the bike. In this case we have aimed at simplicity and gone for Sturmey Archer SRF3 hub gear.

Put the bike in 1st gear and the motor via the throttle is able to take you up quite steep hills without even pedalling, though normally in order to preserve battery life we would expect customers to use it as an assisted bike rather than an 'electric scooter'.

This is a compact, very quiet (much quieter than geared hub motors) folding e-bike with amazing hill climbing capabilities. A great bike to ride and the fat tyres take out some of the roughness of the roads and tracks with the advantage of being sure footed due to more rubber on the road.

This combination of motor and folding bike has impressed us well beyond our expectation, delivering a performance that outstrips virtually all legal crank motor large wheel e-bikes.

• FRAME Aluminium 16" wheel folding
  • FORK Steel folding specific
  • COLOUR Gunmetal Grey
  • HEADSET Semi integrated ahead type
  • SPOKES Stainless
  • TYRES Schwalbe Big Apple 16 x 2.00 Puncture resistant or On/Off road tyres
  • HANDLEPOST Radius Telescope, adjustable, forged aluminum
  • H/BAR Folding specific
  • GRIPS Biologic Ergonomic system, allen key fitting
  • BRAKE LEVERS Aluminium Switched
  • GEAR Sturmey Archer SRF3 Hub with Twist Control

Reactions: SMB
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That looks Fab. As a matter of interest what is the life expectancy of the battery and how much would a new one (battery) cost!
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
These are the people who made and sold the e-bike - they buy in the basic Dahon and then put on their own bespoke electric system which has been going for a long time and is very well regarded:

I've sent them a request for info on the life expectancy and cost of a replacement battery so will let you know when they respond.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
This is my lovely Dahon Curve D3 folding electric bike in gunmetal grey colour.

View attachment 176128 View attachment 176129 View attachment 176130 View attachment 176131 View attachment 176132 View attachment 176133 View attachment 176134

Its a cracking e-bike and performs as well as, if not better, than the 20" ones I've had.

These are much better quality bikes than many of the folding e-bikes around as it's built with quality components meant for long trouble free use.

It cost over £1,200 and is only a few years old so this is quite a saving on new.

It's done around 600 miles in total, not all using the e-bike system as pedalling without it on is easy too.

It has different tyres on from the original 'Big Apple' ones it was supplied with which are a dual purpose type for on and off road biking (which I've never done!) so they've been changed to road biking ones as they make it more efficient to ride on the road.

It also has a front removable bag which cost over £50.

It includes the mains charger - the battery is removable so can be charged indoors.

The photos show the bike with a different seat post but I have now put the original one back which has the integrated pump.

You are more than welcome to come round and have a look/ride of the bike if you wish, please just send me a message.

Features:

• Colour: Gunmetal Grey
  • Folded size: 72cm Long x 66cm high x 32cm wide [Height can be reduced to 60cm by sliding out the seatpost]
  • Accessories: Mudguards, Carrier, Stand and front mounted quick release bag
  • Electric system: 36V 250W mid-motor (crank drive) with 9AH Battery
  • No of Power levels: 6
  • Throttle: Lever control (on left)
  • Gears: Sturmey Archer SRF3 Hub with Twist Control (on right)
  • Display: Full LCD screen (on left) with on/off and up/down power control buttons with all the normal cycle computer functions in addition to battery level and power settings
  • Seat post: original Dahon post with built in pump
  • Pedals: folding (both sides)
  • Rear rack: with lockable Aluminium Battery housing
  • Weight: 19.5Kg all inclusive weight (battery removed approx 17Kg) with 9ah battery
  • Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon (original Big Apples ones as spares)
  • Frame: Aluminium 16" wheel folding.
  • Fork: Steel folding specific
  • Headset: Semi integrated ahead type
  • Spokes: Stainless
  • Handlebar Post: Radius Telescope, adjustable, forged aluminum
  • Grips: Biologic Ergonomic system, allen key fitting

Info from 'CH White and Son' website (the original converter/seller):

The Curve D3 fits into your life as smoothly as it rides in the day, or slips under your stairs at night. This Custom Electric Curve D3 with a mid crank drive motor delivers the most power that you will ever get out of a legal 250W system. This of course is because crank drive systems use the gears that are available on the bike. In this case we have aimed at simplicity and gone for Sturmey Archer SRF3 hub gear.

Put the bike in 1st gear and the motor via the throttle is able to take you up quite steep hills without even pedalling, though normally in order to preserve battery life we would expect customers to use it as an assisted bike rather than an 'electric scooter'.

This is a compact, very quiet (much quieter than geared hub motors) folding e-bike with amazing hill climbing capabilities. A great bike to ride and the fat tyres take out some of the roughness of the roads and tracks with the advantage of being sure footed due to more rubber on the road.

This combination of motor and folding bike has impressed us well beyond our expectation, delivering a performance that outstrips virtually all legal crank motor large wheel e-bikes.

• FRAME Aluminium 16" wheel folding
  • FORK Steel folding specific
  • COLOUR Gunmetal Grey
  • HEADSET Semi integrated ahead type
  • SPOKES Stainless
  • TYRES Schwalbe Big Apple 16 x 2.00 Puncture resistant or On/Off road tyres
  • HANDLEPOST Radius Telescope, adjustable, forged aluminum
  • H/BAR Folding specific
  • GRIPS Biologic Ergonomic system, allen key fitting
  • BRAKE LEVERS Aluminium Switched
  • GEAR Sturmey Archer SRF3 Hub with Twist Control
I'm pretty certain that would fit in a Smart Car Fortwo. I know where there is such a beauty.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm pretty certain that would fit in a Smart Car Fortwo. I know where there is such a beauty.
Stop it ... you mean boy! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Get thee away from me Satan! :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back