Daftest thing heard / done on sites (1 Viewer)

arthur49

Free Member
Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
In the past 12 months:-
"No leave that... the wardens are paid to do that" (White Water Stockton Oct 2009 - referring to food debris, charcoal remnants from bbq, fat etc left in washing up sinks)
"I pay your wages" (regularly, usually a customer who wants to ignore a 'rule' and is refused)
"Dump it there" (Moffat C&CC May 2009 - didn't hear it said but noticed too late that she had emptied toilet cassette into grey water grate so we all had the pleasure of seeing and smelling the remains of what they had to eat the day before: Brit couple in camper van .....we got the reg no ....... but it was raining, the poor dears - Warden/Manager donned his marigolds and cleaned it up presumably because "I pay your wages" - the minimum wage)
I am not a warden, never been one, no plans to be one and not related to or friends with a warden......... but they have to put up with a lot!
Arthur

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
Not daft on site, but when we first took our campervan abroad, we didn't realise the Portapotti wasn't stable, and at some point on the way to the Eurotunnel, it tipped over.
All the loo rolls (I was taking to last the 'duration') were temporarily stowed on the compartment floor, and were ruined :cry:

We strapped it down after that :winky:

Next we discovered that the loo roll on the holder unwound during the journeys, making it look like the Andrex puppy had paid a visit :Doh:
A strategically placed clothes peg sorted that one ...

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
In an RV there is a dedicated locker for the outlets for Gray & Black waste ( for those of you that maybe have never seen one). Both have a lever to release the contents of each tank, Black & Gray.
The outlet is a 3 inch pipe & in the floor of the locker a screw off plate to allow the 3 inch pipe to go through to attach to the outlet.

I'm parked behind said RV waiting to dump as well. Owner of RV positions locker over dump point, opens locker removes floor plate then opens Black waste outlet without attaching the pipe. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Having done that follows the recommended method of releasing the Gray waste valve followed by a god hosing out of the locker.

What his RV smelled like after that I cannot think about. :Eeek:

Do we think he read the instructions (R T F I) :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

arthur49

Free Member
Oct 24, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
On subject of RV's here's a link to an 'instruction' on how to empty tanks..... he's quite funny
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPTFzyaItoc[/ame]

Arthur

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Guy knocks on our van door one morning asking if there was an electricity mains failure as his batteries were flat, even though he plugged into the ehu upon arrival the previous night. I said there was no failure and asked if he wanted me to take a quick look. I had a look and found he had not connected to the ehu correctly.
Did you plug in and then twist the plug to the right until it clicked, I asked.
I just got a blank, very puzzled look (this guy said he hired motorhomes for his holiday each year).
Later he asked if I could show him how to empty his grey water. I told him what to do, but he seemed confused by it all. I think he wanted me to do it for him. I spotted him some time later at the MH service point with a small band of people gathered around him, undoubtedly being helpful to the poor man!!!:Sad:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I returned an rv too a Cruise America franchise in California one time. The guy behind the counter was brand new too the game, a really nice fella with a big cowboy hat on.

I had emptied the tanks that morning but had a sneaky feeling that the indicators on the panel were not operating properley. We were pleased to get into the office in the cool as the temeprature outside was over 100°.

Whilst we were sat having a coffee in the office I noticed the man with the cowboy hat stooping down near the dump valves.

I suddenly realised what he was about to do and in my mind I was saying, no, no, nooooooooo, dont pull that handle, but he did.

That sneaky feeeling that I had turned out to be correct and whoooooooooo !!!, dont forget what the temeprature was. I never saw so many flies hit one heap of $$$t so fast in all my life.:whatthe: Why did he have to pull that handle

Jim
:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back