Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Here goes... probably going to be a lot more...
I've been trawling the net looking a various sites and fees. charges for this that and the other. So tell me is the addional charge for an" Awning" the charge if I unwind my awning which is attached to my van or is it for those tent lke awning things attatched to touring caravans.??
Stop sniggering at the back I said it was daft. :Blush:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Here goes... probably going to be a lot more...
I've been trawling the net looking a various sites and fees. charges for this that and the other. So tell me is the addional charge for an" Awning" the charge if I unwind my awning which is attached to my van or is it for those tent lke awning things attatched to touring caravans.??
Stop sniggering at the back I said it was daft. :Blush:

Hi Peter,

From how I see it, If you extend and erect your awning you will have to declare and pay for it.

If you are just "passing through" and do not use,/have no intention of using it you dont.

That's the way we've always been charged.:thumb:

Certainly not a daft question and I am eagerly awaiting other responses.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Hi Peter,

From how I see it, If you extend and erect your awning you will have to declare and pay for it.

If you are just "passing through" and do not use,/have no intention of using it you dont.

That's the way we've always been charged.:thumb:

Certainly not a daft question and I am eagerly awaiting other responses.

Thanks for that steve, I think I will take me big umbrella then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Am I reading this right - you have to pay to put out an awning??? If we found a campground doing that here in the U.S. we'd take the owner for a walk and whisper in his ear.

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
As a campsite owner I too do not like these charges and find them unreasonable. When we opened we decided one price, thats it, dogs, awnings, extra people and extra cars all included. Its easier for us and easier for the customer no high season or low just a fixed price of a tenner a night. The only thing is if someone does not want electric we say £8 a night as that seems fair. We thought about it long and hard and we think came to a fair conculsion.

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thank you Nigel and look forward to meeting you. As far as we see it once the pitch is out and paid for the customer is entitled to use it ! We have many people come back because they feel "free", we also don't worry to much within reason when our customers come and go. One customer always asks if they can leave at 8.30 pm and as long as the pitch is not booked out we never mind - stay and enjoy we say !

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Nigel

We have had site owners try to charge us for a rolled up awning on our RV -

trying to charge us for dumping our Black Tank after staying on their site for a week -

trying to charge us for water (because our tanks are so big we must use a lot more than anybody else :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:)

trying to charge us £5 per night for electric because we are so big we must use more.............. (actually not too far from reality, this one)

trying to charge us double because we are an RV and if we can afford to drive one of them we can afford to pay double :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

We actually had one site owner trying to charge us extra because we had a double wheel axle on the back of the coach and therefore had 6 tyres touching the ground. When I pointed out that most car and caravan combinations had 6 wheels - and some even had 8 - he came back and said - "Aaagh, but your tyres are so much bigger and therefore will kill more grass"

There are currently more than 250 "RV friendly" sites offered in a certain book so we say to anybody with the above problems - get on the phone to us, we will show you where your nearest site is - so vote with your ignition key :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi Nigel

We have had site owners try to charge us for a rolled up awning on our RV -

trying to charge us for dumping our Black Tank after staying on their site for a week -

trying to charge us for water (because our tanks are so big we must use a lot more than anybody else :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:)

trying to charge us £5 per night for electric because we are so big we must use more.............. (actually not too far from reality, this one)

trying to charge us double because we are an RV and if we can afford to drive one of them we can afford to pay double :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

We actually had one site owner trying to charge us extra because we had a double wheel axle on the back of the coach and therefore had 6 tyres touching the ground. When I pointed out that most car and caravan combinations had 6 wheels - and some even had 8 - he came back and said - "Aaagh, but your tyres are so much bigger and therefore will kill more grass"

There are currently more than 250 "RV friendly" sites offered in a certain book so we say to anybody with the above problems - get on the phone to us, we will show you where your nearest site is - so vote with your ignition key :thumb::thumb:
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: B****y cheek of it !

Upvote 0
K

klaatu

Deleted User
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have another daft question which is kind of related, so I thought I'd sneak it in here.

Are there usually any restrictions on campsites regarding where you park with a motorhome? I have this impression that a typical campsite has some hard standing and some grass, and the motorhomes go on the hard standing and the caravans and tents go on the grass. Have I made this up - can you choose to park where you want?

Steve

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Caravan Club Sites allow anybody (other than on 'disabled' pitches) to park wherever they want - it's a members club and members can choose their own pitch - unless the site is so crowded that the Warden has to allocate pitches in order to get everybody on (usual situation) - or pitch sizes vary so much that he has to allocate pitches by size (not a usual situation)

Most private sites have only one or two pitches suitable for RV's, generally hard-standing, but not necessarily so - and mostly NOT reserved specifically for RV's.

The greater majority of sites, both Private and Club, will be happy to park anything anywhere as long as it will fit and won't damage the grass, roads, flowerbeds etc., etc., etc. - and you are willing to pay for it.

Upvote 0
K

klaatu

Deleted User
Thanks - it's silly little things like that, that you start to think about when starting to plan the future adventure :Smile:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry but I.ve got to ask... " tugging a toad " ?? :whatthe:

'tugging' = towing
'toad'(towed) = small car

tugging a toad = towing a small car on an A frame.

have a look here.....Link Removed

simple innit. you'll learn the 'technical' terms as you go along.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
swear::swear::secret: Americanisms :Angry::Angry::Angry:

What's so wrong with old fashioned English? It is far easier to say "Towing a car" than it is to say "Tugging a toad". Much better grammatical English :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +

What's so wrong with old fashioned English? It is far easier to say "Towing a car" than it is to say "Tugging a toad".

Much better grammatical English :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

What's so wrong with old fashioned English? It is far easier to say "Towing a car" than it is to say "Tugging a toad".

Much better grammatical English :thumb::thumb:

nothing whatsoever wrong with old fashioned english except the 'americanisms' sound much cooler and i'm not some snot-nosed young kid.

Truck sounds so much better than wagon (conjures up a horse and cart)

Coach sounds better than tourist (aeroplane economy seat)

Rig sounds better than outfit (car/caravan, truck/trailer)

RV sound much, much better than motorhome. after all, we all drive recreational vehicles dont we.

just my opinion Dick, no offence meant. :thumb:

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
You can call me a "snot-nose young kid" as much as you want - Love it :thumb::thumb: My 19 year old grand-daughter saw it this morning and I haven't been able to stop her giggling yet.

I actually agree with nearly everything you say - it's just the "toad" thing that get's right up my nose :Angry:

Mind, according to the Sainsbury checkout girl yesterday - I am practising to be a grumpy old man - and doing pretty well at it, too :thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You can call me a "snot-nose young kid" as much as you want - Love it :thumb::thumb: My 19 year old grand-daughter saw it this morning and I haven't been able to stop her giggling yet.

I actually agree with nearly everything you say - it's just the "toad" thing that get's right up my nose :Angry:

Mind, according to the Sainsbury checkout girl yesterday - I am practising to be a grumpy old man - and doing pretty well at it, too :thumb:

stand aside, victor meldrew, you have competition. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back