Carreraboy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thinking of replacing my current (pretty rubbish) radio with a dab unit and windscreen mounted dab aerial.

Anyone gone down this route and if so are they any good?

Ta

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Not in a motorhome, although I plan to.

I've had one in my old Range Rover, which was excellent. That was an Alpine Ezi-DAB add-on unit as the built-in factory ICE was also a TV.

I've also got one in my Land Rover 110 which has travelled all over the UK with DAB. Hardly ever without a signal.

I'll definitely be putting one in my RMB.

Please, please, PLEASE get a decent aerial, though! It's about the single biggest cause of poor reception. Do not get one that plays via an FM signal. A good DAB windscreen stick-on aerial is sufficient and very discreet. I've had external aerials before (on my 110) but, although excellent, these are prone to breaking from contact with branches. I imagine a motorhome down a tight lane could suffer the same.

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We just sold our van with a pioneer dab+ unit with windscreen aerial.. Wicked :)
Next one I get will be bluetooth as well though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
I bought a Pioneer, with a sticky aerial attached to the screen.
Its a great unit, and great reception.
Its has bluetooth, and the option of navigation, but I don`t use these.
Its got a dvd player too, but don`t use that either.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes only a couple of weeks ago
I bought this
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/cd_receivers/bluetooth/KDC-BT73DAB/
Aerial show fitted for left hand drive
CA_10251317494921-L.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
Had one fitted a couple of months ago in our Adria (Renault Master). Previous FM reception was rubbish, even though a good unit. I went in for a new external FM aerial and came out with DAB/FM system AND an external FM aerial.
Touring Scotland for 6 weeks in Aug/Sept got v good reception everywhere except western highlands, but there is no or little FM there anyway.
If DAB is not available it switches to FM automatically, except west Scotland! although cannot say if this works as I have not yet found a DAB signal
It has Aux and memory stick connectors and I can get a remote as an extra. At same time I also had it wired to the leisure battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back