Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
anyone have a dab radio and use it in there van I'm thinking about getting one rather than use the van radio when parked up anyone recommend a good make

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously

• Yes we have has a PURE Stereo Dab portable radio for years now, use it home in kitchen, and we used to take it with us when we had the caravan as the JVC radio in the Swift Caravan was so crap, we ignored it, and used the PURE. Les has one in his workshop also, which is great as he can choose absolute 60,s/70,s/80,s/90,s music channels or his favourite LBC radio for a good rant!.
  • we use ours on mains, as we haven't purchased the separate battery pack yet which plugs in the back.
  • There are so many out there, try and listen to as many as you can before buying.
  • Also really recommend The Bose Mini Bluetooth Speaker as we plug that into the Avtex TV, or play music from laptop or I phone, great sound and it fits in you pocket!
  • Good luck in your search.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
anyone have a dab radio and use it in there van I'm thinking about getting one rather than use the van radio when parked up anyone recommend a good make

I got a cheapo one from Tesco... few months back .. think it was around £12 ... does me fine and I have it on all the time for Radio 4 if I am on hook up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I have the Bose sound link mini. How do you connect to the Avtex tv. There are no jacks.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just had this fitted. I wanted a CD also.
IMG-20171013-WA0003.jpg

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I got a cheapo one from Tesco... few months back .. think it was around £12 ... does me fine and I have it on all the time for Radio 4 if I am on hook up.
I use this Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the Avtex TV to pair it with the Moho Radio/ Head Unit so TV sound comes out of all the speakers. It could be used to pair with a standalone Bluetooth Speaker like the Bose. Unfortunately this is now out of stock at Amazon but was only £10
LESHP Bluetooth Transmitter,LESHP Portable Bluetooth 4.0 A2dp Audio srereo Transmi... Amazon product ASIN B06WRWP1SD

Last edited:

Mandthelifeboats

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coach built
Exp
2 months
We use pocket size Roberts dab radio,it's very good.also we use a Bose mini speaker,we blue tooth music from phone or iPad, sound very good.

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
Love my Roberts DAB radio. Can be used on mains or with batteries, can also play a USB through it, can connect to my laptop music and spotify (if you are a paid subscriber to it) and internet music. Goes with me everywhere in the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back