Dab radio, apple car play and built in nav (1 Viewer)

Candice

Free Member
Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Hi guys,

Looking for recommendation for built in multimedia systems? Looking for dab, built in nav (needs to be able to add vehicle dimensions) etc

Apple car play would be a bonus!

We are getting a sprinter van and doing a conversion

Tried looking online but a lot don’t appear to have built in navigation for Motorhome or larger vehicles! Really appreciate any help with this! Don’t want to be caught out on a low bridge or have a weight issue on any routes!

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I got a Sony XAV-AX100 for Android Auto and it's fantastic... and it also does CarPlay.

The AX100 (which doesn't have DAB) is now replaced with the AX1000 (CarPlay only, don't know about DAB) and AX3005 (ticks all boxes). Check them out.

OP
OP
C

Candice

Free Member
Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Thank you for replying! Does the satnav feature allow you to input vehicle dimensions or avoid low bridges etc?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The basic Sony XAVs don't have their own SatNav. They rely on Android Auto/CarPlay to do the work for them. So then it's up to the app on your phone. I don't think any Android Auto or CarPlay navigation apps support height or weight at the moment.

However, as you are driving a PVC and not a truck, it's very rarely an issue. Personally I prefer to have quality navigation, up to date maps with good traffic info and forego the rare re-route due to restrictions that apply to me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back