tim22es

Free Member
Aug 15, 2013
torquay
Funster No
MH
Hobby 700
Exp
Tomorrow is D-Day, after 10 years of dreaming and 18 months of searching we finally pick up our motorhome, MOTI. So if your floating on the M5 around Highbridge give us a wave!!!:thumb:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
well done but please don’t do what I did when I picked mine up. We were that excited to be getting it after a 2 hour train journey that we just wanted to get in it and get going. The dealer hadn’t cleaned the inside, other than a quick wipe over, one of the gas rings wouldn’t light due to a dodgy thermocouple, there were sticky stains inside the larder cupboard which nearly took the veneer off when I cleaned it, the remote mount for the E box control on the dash didn’t work and the handbrake indicator light was u/s due to a broken switch.
I sorted most of the issues myself but had to take the van back a few months later for an E box fault and asked them to look at the remote mount for that unit. They said the warranty wouldn’t cover wiring faults but if I’d noticed it before I took delivery, they would have had to sort it ! A hard lesson learned in my haste to hit the open road and another dealer who won’t be getting any return business from me.

OP
OP
tim22es

tim22es

Free Member
Aug 15, 2013
torquay
Funster No
MH
Hobby 700
Exp
thanks for the advice, both excited and nervous. Its coming from Westcountry motorhomes and they have said allow at least an hour so we can try everything and get shown around the van, but it is my intention to go over it as thoroughly as i can.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
well done but please don’t do what I did when I picked mine up. We were that excited to be getting it after a 2 hour train journey that we just wanted to get in it and get going. The dealer hadn’t cleaned the inside, other than a quick wipe over, one of the gas rings wouldn’t light due to a dodgy thermocouple, there were sticky stains inside the larder cupboard which nearly took the veneer off when I cleaned it, the remote mount for the E box control on the dash didn’t work and the handbrake indicator light was u/s due to a broken switch.
I sorted most of the issues myself but had to take the van back a few months later for an E box fault and asked them to look at the remote mount for that unit. They said the warranty wouldn’t cover wiring faults but if I’d noticed it before I took delivery, they would have had to sort it ! A hard lesson learned in my haste to hit the open road and another dealer who won’t be getting any return business from me.

So, can you name and shame them??

Catherine

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
thanks for the advice, both excited and nervous. Its coming from Westcountry motorhomes and they have said allow at least an hour so we can try everything and get shown around the van, but it is my intention to go over it as thoroughly as i can.

Hopefully you shouldn't get too much trouble with the bunch at WMH (if its the one in between Highbridge and Weston S Mare). If it's the one we had a look at not so long back it's a nice one too - I take it it's the one in your avatar?,,,,, Any more photos?

Always found them to be 'un-rushed' and locally they have a good reputation.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.....

Trikeman. :winky:

OP
OP
tim22es

tim22es

Free Member
Aug 15, 2013
torquay
Funster No
MH
Hobby 700
Exp
Thanks Trikeman,
yes it is the one between Highbridge and WSM. And yes its the van in my avatar. Having spent quite a while looking at various models and varoius dealers Westcountry put us a good package together, with the motorhome and some extras fitted, so, so far, barring the problamatic drive way test,where they damaged the van, things look good. Will see the van tomorrow and check out their repair work, if its not to my liking then we will have a problem. I am assured they have done an excellent job, so cant comment until i see it. In all our dealings with them so far they have been very good, lets hope they are as good as their word, we all make mistakes but its how we rectify them that counts so, tomorrow is going to be interesting!!!! Will post more pics as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
hi Cathrine. I’m fairly new to this site and not sure on the protocol for “naming and shaming” so don’t want to upset anyone. If anyone want’s to pm me, I’ll let them know who it was. If you want a clue, the branch was in a town in Yorkshire where The Terriers play !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back