Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thinking of taking a look as I have tunnel booked Friday the 1st next month. Can you just go along biy tickets and camp? Or is it ticket only?
Is it worth the visit if your not going to change vans in near future. I guess its not a bad place to start my holiday

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. You can buy tickets on arrival but the camping does fill up and places may not be available. It is also cheaper to buy on line and saves queuing. Show tickets are 18 euro for one day at the door and 14 euro for 2 days on line. I have booked on line when going and it is worth doing 2 days. Note the late arrival and early departure times for the camping. This is the link you need. https://www.caravan-salon.com/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Agree with all of the above. Take three days minimum it is massive

Also worth look early in the year is the first big one Stuttgart. We looked at Düsseldorf, thought and refined then bought at Stuttgart

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The show entrance is 10 Euro for two days booked it advance and print out tickets if you have registered as Caravan Salon club members, we always turn up to camp unbooked and find plenty of space as the marshals are spot on, you show your membership card and get discount on the "camping" I say "camping" but it not as you only pay for parking up to 4pm or something and then overnight is free.

We usually do three days in the show, two on the prebooked and then another if we can scrounge off a dealer.

Martin

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Well worth going.
Awesome, utterly massive show.....like nothing you'll ever have seen in the UK.
As others have said, join the Caravan salon thingy online and prebook your tickets.
Fill with water and dump your waste before you get there if poss....there are dump/fill facilities there but they are usually very busy, and it's a pain to have to move your van from the parking ( overnighting) space the marshalls guide you to if you can avoid having to do so.
Worth staying perhaps 4 days even if only going into the actual show complex for maybe 2, as it's a great base from which to go into the city itself as well via the (excellent) public transport or via scooter etc if you have one

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
We are going to the Salon again this year. The Stellplatz in parking P1 has a capacity of 3,500 motor homes. shuttle buses run to the show starting half an hour before opening and until half an hour after opening. Also it's worth noting that the Düsseldorf Messe where the show is outside of the Emssions Zone for Düsseldorf so no Umwelt needed. As has been mentioned there is a tram service to the centre of Düsseldorf. The daily admission tickets normally allow one return journey on the tram (to the town centre).

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Does anyone know if dogs are allowed in the show?

We are thinking of going, never been before, but we have our dog on holiday with us.

We could leave her in the van for a few hours if weather is cool, but would prefer to take her.

I seem to remember someone else saying dogs were allowed on a thread previously.

Deleted User
Does anyone know if dogs are allowed in the show?

We are thinking of going, never been before, but we have our dog on holiday with us.

We could leave her in the van for a few hours if weather is cool, but would prefer to take her.

I seem to remember someone else saying dogs were allowed on a thread previously.
I should Put your dog on a lead, I don't think a thread would be strong enough

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Dogs are fine both on the shuttle buses and in the arenas.

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
If you're staying at the show campsite, take your earplugs, you will be right under the flight path, flights start at 5.00am! You can count the rivets on the planes as they take off, they are so low.
Great show, you'll need 2 days at least to see it all.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Warning: NO, NO, NO DON'T GO. - It will seriously damage your wallet.
We have been 3 times every time we go we have bought a new van.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
IMG_0192.JPG

Just so you are not surprised when you get there the organisers pack the vans in. The white line is about 4". It's a great show. Look at page 590 onwards on the morning thread for some hints and tips from @JockandRita

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
OK thank you everyone I believe I arrive in France around midnight. So I can drive a few hours towards the show get my head down for few hours and try get there in time for morning.

So are these camping time slots strict ? I will be there for the last 2 days. I assume you can stop over on the Sunday night.

Also I canr get the join club bit in English any ideas please ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
No camping slots are not strict at all.
The link here should take you to English version of caravan salon. (I hope, well it does for me). https://www.caravan-salon.com/

Thank you very much I booked it last night so missed out a bit. While checking booking it said 4 pm arrival on the Saturday I will just go along as soon as I can.
So that's start of my holiday planned where too after I have no idea

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
How much is it to overnight in your mh. I've seen £30 is that correct . Euros not pounds

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
How much is it to overnight in your mh. I've seen £30 is that correct . Euros not pounds

I got 2x adult admission for 2 days + 2 days/nights camping for €55
If you join the Salon club it would be €10 cheaper I believe.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
I got 2x adult admission for 2 days + 2 days/nights camping for €55
If you join the Salon club it would be €10 cheaper I believe.

How did you manage that?
I'm a Salon member and have been quoted online at €14 for me, €10 for old hubby for 2 days entry and camping was a sopping €45 arriving the evening before, 2 full days and leaving before 8am the last day.
Total €69

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
How did you manage that?
I'm a Salon member and have been quoted online at €14 for me, €10 for old hubby for 2 days entry and camping was a sopping €45 arriving the evening before, 2 full days and leaving before 8am the last day.
Total €69

I don't have a clue I just ticked the boxes the only mistake I made was parking is from 4pm. On our first day of arrival so maybe its that possibly.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Yeah good idea I may look into that option. Do you know the route best places to visit etc at all ?
For the Moselle just head for koblenz and follow the river. Lots of stellplatz every couple of miles . Wine festivals on too at that time . All the way down to trier or further if u like .
Cochem minheim bernkastel en keus and many many more all good for riverside aires watching the boats with a glass of wine

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
How did you manage that?
Total €69

Calm down old girl and pay the money,it's a good show and who knows you might sign up for a new Humer. :D;)(y)
Give me a call when you have time.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Anyone know how close the disabled overnight parking is ? Is it in p1 or p2 ? Any lat longs at all?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back