Czech republic (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I've persuaded SWMBO to consider going the the Czech Republic at the end of September.
Is it a good idea, what are the pro's and con's.

As always,
Thanks.
P.s. Portsmouth to Santander booked in January, so many thanks to those who offered advice

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
  1. If you are near Cessky Krumlov its woth a visit.

I would return but found there is not a lot of service from the people.
    The major City's are OK but a lot of the smaller vilages have no interest in tourism.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It's a strange country, tourism, 5* hotels in Prague, basic living out in the villages.
Cesky Krumlov is worth visiting, Cesky Budovice is interesting. Not sure where you'd park up to get into Prague ( there is a Metro system-be aware of pickpockets!)
In the countryside there are swimming lakes. You have to be aware of ticks, just check after swimming or walking in woods, long grass etc.. I remember visiting a castle and a boat trip on a river or lake but no idea of names.
Used to think the countryside looked a lot like Wiltshire with Skodas.

If you're interested in WW2 history there is Terezin ( think that's right spelling) prison camp. I've never visited but relative did and found it very moving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are in the Czech Republic now but only the second day so ask me in a couple of weeks, we are on the lakeside at Frymburk on a Dutch owned site and are here for a tandem rally for a week so getting some cycling in, cycle track are very good around here. Cesky Krumlov is not far away so will be our next stop and then towards Prague.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's a strange country, tourism, 5* hotels in Prague, basic living out in the villages.
Cesky Krumlov is worth visiting, Cesky Budovice is interesting. Not sure where you'd park up to get into Prague ( there is a Metro system-be aware of pickpockets!)
In the countryside there are swimming lakes. You have to be aware of ticks, just check after swimming or walking in woods, long grass etc.. I remember visiting a castle and a boat trip on a river or lake but no idea of names.
Used to think the countryside looked a lot like Wiltshire with Skodas.

If you're interested in WW2 history there is Terezin ( think that's right spelling) prison camp. I've never visited but relative did and found it very moving.

I understand that if you use campsites outside the city of Prague it includes transport by train into the city. There is a campsite right in town that we are going to try to get on.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We went this June

We enjoyed it, it is a very interesting country, with some beautiful baroque towns, lovely countryisde and pretty good value for money.

We didnt like the premid (go box) and in hindsight it would have been easy enough to get around without using the toll roads.

It can also be difficult to communicate, if they have a second language it tends to be german, but you cant rely on it.

Cesky Krumlov is the star of the show - an absolute gem and one of the few places you can stop on a non-campsite ( back of the coach park - very convenient) The other places we particularly liked were, Karlovy Vary, Marianske lasny, Pilsen for the pilnser urquell factory.

Hope this helps
Jon & Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I understand that if you use campsites outside the city of Prague it includes transport by train into the city. There is a campsite right in town that we are going to try to get on.

Martin

We stayed in one of the main city campsites this summer but it was still 20 mins by tram into the centre. It was €30 a night for 4 of us.

We ate at a restaurant 5 mins walk from Wensleslas (sp???) square where the food was great and, for 4 main meals, 2 beers and two soft drinks, not bad value at £30.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back